still searching for my knock

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I posted here a couple of weeks ago about a knock I have with my truck. I have cracked the injectors like everyone said. When I cracked the injectors the engine starts to miss a little but the knock does not go away. I was wondering if any one has any suggestions. My truck has 168000 miles on it. I have original injectors and a rebuilt injector pump. My truck is a 94 idi turbo. I have a link to a video of the knock.

http://youtu.be/5J-JXwmphE8

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same knock dear god if you figure it out by all means let me know.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same knock dear god if you figure it out by all means let me know.

I have been searching on here and other sites trying so see if any one had a knock similar to mine. No one is saying anything after I checked the injectors and the knock didn't go away. I think maybe it is something like a rod or a wrist pin. But I guess I wont know until it leaves me setting. I am prepared though I have NA 7.3 with about 100000 miles on it I plan on sticking in it when that time comes.

:dunno

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I am still running the original injectors. I have another set in a spare 7.3 I have I might just try putting them in and see if it makes a difference. I don't know of anyone around here who pop tests injectors.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine was a remanufactured jasper with around 100,000 miles on it so i am not sure

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put new injectors in mine and it didn't help mechanic says its a broke valve spring but who knows

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you post a video with the engine being revved up slowly, and with quick blips of the throttle. Doing that helps to determine if injector, or bottom end, or rod.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online

Members online