Steering Box

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot who posted the other day that installed one an had the bolts back out. Well I changed mine didn't have loc tite gonna get it later. Went to the dump took the trailer. When I got there slapped the wrench on em an there tight. Get home checked it again all three bolts backed out 1.5 turns before snugging up an tightened. So I'm off to the store for loc tite. I would suggest using it when changing it out. Thank you whoever for posting it as I probably not have double checked it after install took about 100 miles for them to back out.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
I know mine did it recently just cant rember if I posted about it here or elsewhere. I probably had 120-150miles on mine when it fell off (2 bolts backed out 3rd broke), ended up having to weld nuts on the gearbox and lots of loc-tite.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is great information for everyone. Nothing worse than a job going bad because we didn't know about simple things like this.. Thanks..:thumbsup:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kc you were the one that posted. An I agree Gary "scary" part Is I was suppossed to go horse riding with john here on the board. but the lights had broke from mice/squirells eating the wires. Good thing my to horses weren't in the back an me goin 65 an lost tottal control could have been one of the ugliest Idi wrecks to date.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I will have to check mine, I just changed out my box a couple months ago. Good to know!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I've seen this before and I absolutely swear by the blue/red stuff!

Correct Torque on all bolts and at minimum BLUE loctite on steering box and other steering components is a minimum IMHO, ALWAYS!

TRE's and BJ's not withstanding as they have cottered/castled nuts!

Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online