Starting on a hill

scathecat123

Reaction score
Uh oh..swivel heads? I don't have any of those. I was thinking of doing the lift pump on Tuesday just for peace of mind while I wait for my return line kit. Is this project doable with a regular old socket wrench and whatnot? I'm on a pretty tight budget so new tools is usually lower on my list than feeding my hobbies. Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
A knuckle adapter is only a few bucks.
But you can get by without.
It's air intrusion somewhere.
You park nose downhill, and the fuel pushes towards the engine. Park nose uphill, and the fuel tries to pull back to the tank.
Think of a straw in a drink, dip it in and put your finger over the end then pull it out. Well the liquid stays inside. Now remove your finger and it drains out. Same concept with air intrusion.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

scathecat123

Reaction score
Thanks jasper air intrusion is definitely the prime suspect. I only intent to replace the lift pump because I know it hasn't been replaced in the last 12 years. I've owned the truck for 2 and the po let it sit 10 prior to that. Last weekend I changed the glow plugs for the first time ever and discovered half of them were a different brand. I like to know what's in my truck so I know what I can expect to break next haha