starter wiring and brake wiring crossed?

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got the motor back in my truck and went to start it tonight... well i get in push the brake pedal and the thing starts to turn over and take off (manual in gear) scary when you dont know pushing the brake pedal to stop it is why its cranking and moving......

anyways what could have crossed? seems kind of odd...

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best guess would be that the little wire at the top of the starter solenoid got spliced in after the break light switch. When you completed the circuit in that switch it sent power to the solenoid. Did you/anyone cut any wires when you removed the engine?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very scarey indeed. My worry is there is a short between the break light wiring and the starter/ignition wiring. Hope that isn't the case. That happened to my F350 crew cab while hauling the camper. The trailer brakes began to turn on and off on their own and the starter engauged as well......... Started smelling burnt wiring in the cab......... Before I could pull over and pull the negative battery cables, the starter burnt up and dang near burnt down the truck. Scarey how close I came to an electrical fire in the cab.

Check it out and fix the problem before you get it out on the road.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a tough one. More detail on the exact method and technique you used to take your motor in and out and the full extent of any work done is needed.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would more details of pullin the motor tell me were I could find the wiring.. All I did was pull The bell bolts motor mounts and misc cores. no wires were cut all were unhooked proper way i then reused all the wiring and what not from the motor coming out put on the new motor.I did not remove the core support, this was a running truck a month or so ago when it blew the rubber plug someone installed in the block heater whole before i bought the truck.. which i then overheated the motor and figured take no chances and find another. I been working on cars for 15-20years

Last edited:

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assume my last post comes off as me being an ass. im not trying to be..

any suggestions im about to go do work

Last edited:

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know what i did other then move some wires on the driver side inner fender well and no more brake pedal starting.. tho i really wish i found the short... dont wanna have an issue once driving down the road

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online