start no start

timemaker44

Reaction score
97 powerstroke hot or cold,randomly 1 out of 10 times spins over good but no start.seems like there is 1 less tick i hear before the gp relay cycles,ford said gp relay and glowplugs cycle fine.it wouldnt do it for them.(not start).no check engine light ,no codes,runs fine.i just dont get it.is there another relay maybe sticking shut or open? randomly? whats so frustrating,it might wait for weeks to do it.or every other day.please help!!!!!! also ford put a new cam shaft position sensor on it.

Last edited:

timemaker44

Reaction score
a lot of help this sight was,,,,,wow no response what so ever,,,unless your frends or special friends in foroms or faq??? what ever??? guess i am just another idiot with a problem with a ford truck............millions of us....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Post it over in the powerstroke section lol. I'd say cam position sensor is bad. My old one done that it's about 50 bucks an takes 20 to 30 mins to put on

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
a lot of help this sight was,,,,,wow no response what so ever,,,unless your frends or special friends in foroms or faq??? what ever??? guess i am just another idiot with a problem with a ford truck............millions of us....

Maybe if you would take the time to learn how to read, then post this in the correct forum, the 7.3powerstroke forum, then maybe you will get some help, so dont go bashing none of us because we didnt help you when its your own fault, asking some of us about a PSD is like asking a caveman about a cell phone

timemaker44

Reaction score
i appoligize yall, i am new here,i will try to do better,lol!!! i thought i was in the right forum...thanks for the advice on the camshaft position sensor,however i put one on then 6 months later ford put one on for free.(recall) i love this truck to death but darn what a pain in the butt when it decides not to crank.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i appoligize yall, i am new here,i will try to do better,lol!!! i thought i was in the right forum...thanks for the advice on the camshaft position sensor,however i put one on then 6 months later ford put one on for free.(recall) i love this truck to death but darn what a pain in the butt when it decides not to crank.

ya i had a couple spares in the garage ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Being an all electronic controlled motor You would be better dealing with such issues by getting a scanner. Just plug it in to the test port and it tells you what codes are up. Then replace the sensers that have failed and your on your way but... Most here wont know much about an all electric motor. All we need to strat is around 9 volts to the fuel shutoff valve and a push start. Then we can run forever....