stanadyne injectors

93idisv2007

Reaction score
and whats the diffrence between the turbo injectors and non turbo ones can i run turbo injectors in my n/a and do the give a little more power?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have run the turbo G code injectors for a long time and many thousands of miles. Probably 150,000 plus miles. I felt they were the injector to use with my turbo..... Till I tried a set of Bb codes from Russ.....:eek: I was shocked at how much better the Bb codes ran. Hp was up and mileage too. A BB code pops at 1850 lbs and a G code pops at 2300 lbs I believe. The pintles are differant in design too. The G codes I removed had only a few thousand miles on them. they were not worn out. So my feeling proven by my experiance is the Bb codes are the injector to run. All of the questions and research I did on G codes told me they designed them mostly for emmissions and not power or mileage. As for running any type injector in a non turbo engine... Yes.. You can do that without much of a problem. They will bolt in no issues but... If your trying to get the most out of your idi they are not going to help. These are my factual findings and not something I heard about and posted here.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Gary, what about taking G code pop pressures and shimming the BB's that high? Would you not get a finer injection mist for an even better burn? Just curios...and Russ and Mel yer thoughts too...well anyone Heath, Towcat...ya'll know alot more n I...;Poke

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That has been discussed before. I was part of the discussion but no outcome as of yet. Its not a secrete but I honor the person doing the research and testing. Adding more pop pressure will change how the Bb codes pop and the spray will be differant but how... Its not known just yet. Think about it this way and these are just wag at this point. Increase pop pressure and get a much better spary pattern that burns more fuel because its a finer partical spray. Now how long is your injectors and injection pump going to last. Are you burning the candle at both ends and shortening the life of said parts.. These are the unknowns so far but.. Would you change the injectors and pump every 50,000 miles to get better hp and mileage....:dunno:angel: Hopefully the member thats doing this testing will have something to post about whats been found out... I know I'm waiting and watching for this...:sly

93idisv2007

Reaction score
so are you saying no matter the injectors i put in are't gonna make much a diffrence on a n/a or should i stick to the orginal ones?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
so are you saying no matter the injectors i put in are't gonna make much a diffrence on a n/a or should i stick to the orginal ones?

Most original injectors are no longe made. Kenny has found someone that is able to "fix" his oem injectors but thats not the norm. Sometimes I find a seller or two on ebay selling some E codes but its not very often. About all thats available now is Bb og G codes. A g code will not help a non turbo engine run any better but it will fix a bad any code injector. If you injectors now are in terrible shape then the answer is yes.. A g Code will improve how your engine is running. For an na engine is recommend a set of new Bb codes.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most original injectors are no longe made. Kenny has found someone that is able to "fix" his oem injectors but thats not the norm. Sometimes I find a seller or two on ebay selling some E codes but its not very often. About all thats available now is Bb og G codes. A g code will not help a non turbo engine run any better but it will fix a bad any code injector. If you injectors now are in terrible shape then the answer is yes.. A g Code will improve how your engine is running. For an na engine is recommend a set of new Bb codes.

I'm only getting one rebuilt, the rest are new oem off ebay. I'll have them tested when they arrive.

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever the injector, never mix them. The engine will not work right if you have some popping at 1800 and others popping at 2100. That is why you pop test them, in order to get a set of injectors for one engine popping at the same pressure.