Stage 1 injectors?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The few that have, if you got them in the same room with the owner of DPS, he likely wouldn't walk out under his own power.... but chances of that are slim because you cant ever get ahold of teh guy LOL

If you want some hot injectors, get some Moose Misters. Those things put out a nice fine spray pattern, unlike the leaky toilets that DPS sells

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is DPS talking about stage #1? There all stage #1 for IDI (single shot). Only the PSD PCM controlled injectors have more stages as far as I know. If you need a pump go here These pumps were rebuilt by DieseLogic, many members have bought them and are well satisfied, for a turbo, just turn the fuel up a little.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
why is it we are having a rash of posts about DPS....are people not using the search function at all???

DPS is bashed pretty hard all over this board..:dunno:dunno

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will always be buying injectors from typ4 from now on until I build the 6.9 in my 87 then everything will be moosed. Installed them on a customers 94 IDIT that I was rebuilding. They arrived in great condition and were well packaged. When installing I used my seat cleaner with a little grease on the end and did a couple passes till it felt like it wasn't cutting anymore. Cleaned them out with a rag on a wooden dowel then installed the injectors. They idle smooth and the power is very nice. Once the new engine gets broke in I'll get some real testing done on it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is DPS talking about stage #1? There all stage #1 for IDI (single shot). Only the PSD PCM controlled injectors have more stages as far as I know. If you need a pump go here These pumps were rebuilt by DieseLogic, many members have bought them and are well satisfied, for a turbo, just turn the fuel up a little.

Because, dontcha know, "stage" this or that is a great marketing sack of bull*&^it.

So on my injectors, stage 1 is open the box, stage 2 is pop test the injector, stage 3 is set the injector, stage 4 is rebox and ship.

So if I count printing postage I sell stage 5 injectors:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
This article/video explains exactly what "TYP4" is speaking of. Having worked in an automotive machine shop, it is truly amazing what comes out of both the customers/vendors mouths! This video is pretty spot on.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/case-of-the-mondays-the-sad-sorry-life-of-a-custom-engine-builder/

I couldn't get the video to work, but the article brought back memories. I worked in a machine shop YEARs ago and some of the kids that would come in..:rolleyes: evertime someone would come in and tell me they wanted their engine blueprinted and wanted to start arguing with me about it being some fancy process, I just wanted to go out in the lot and scream ( for those who don't know, all it means is you build the engine to a plan, well duh, every engine is Blueprinted, unless you are a real dork and just throw parts at the thing with wild abandon cookoo You don't hear it so much anymore but 30 years ago folks were throwing around that term so much it made my skin crawl )
. Kids who have just read a few years worth of performance magazines and are ready to bust open their piggy bank from all that hard work flipping burgers would come in insisting that they NEEDED all kinds of rediculous crap, from the non existant to the absurd for the street. In most cases, I'd be able to talk them down to reality . so we could build them something they could actually afford that would last more than one weekend, but once in a while id get one who would insist that he knew more because he'd been reading all those magazines and he had to have the preformance mod of teh month from teh last 2 years all built into one engine, not realizing that those are for track engines that are only supposed to make it through one day. I mean come on, I'll be happy to take someones money for a 5 angle valve job, but the seat is so stinking thin that it gets hammered away before you can say boo,Yes, it will flow a bazillionth of a cubic foot per minute more on a test bench , but who the heck needs that on a street vehicle, you need seats that will last, but you just can't tell some people anything

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it any better RLDSL - it just goes to show that common sense isn't so common these days.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because, dontcha know, "stage" this or that is a great marketing sack of bull*&^it.

So on my injectors, stage 1 is open the box, stage 2 is pop test the injector, stage 3 is set the injector, stage 4 is rebox and ship.

So if I count printing postage I sell stage 5 injectors:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

ROFLMAO

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Don't be sorry, a few of us took the post past its intended context. Some people run em and like them, others hate them with a passion. DPS is simply just inferior to the product Mel provides and unless you have a turbo already, the injectors are just going to be a waste of money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online