stacks????????????????

stevewillis

Reaction score
92 f250 with aftermarket ats turbo . the exhaust seams stock even though it has the aftermarket turbo.do stacks provide any performance..i thought they be nice to have n case i want to go thru some deep ponds

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
they wont provide any realizable performance but many people like the looks of them. In my opinion i would go with a good set of cowboy duals. stacks get really loud in the cab and are annoying on long trips. why would you need them to go through deep ponds the water shouldnt suck all the way back up the pipes.

sootman73

Reaction score
stacks are just a choice in preference. my stacks are only loud if you have the windows open and put the fuel to it. other than that you can't hear them. the wind against the cab is louder than they are. but i have a turbo and redneck doesn't which is why its probably loud to him. and it doesn't matter for water fording but when i was going through some flooded roads and hammered on it the one unclamped joint would suck water like crazy and there would be steam rising like a steam engine! LOL but then that water washed all the soot out of the pipes and all over the truck.

stevewillis

Reaction score
R u saying stacks won't help in waterfording...what happens if u stall in water. Can't u suck water up the stock exhaust. I have 9x16 michillen military tires and want to c what I can make it thru

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
9x16????? i dont think you could suck water all the way back up to the engine. and be careful if you get to deep in water you might hit your fan or submerge your tranny and those cant end good

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Or get water in the engine which will cause an instant death! These engines don't tolerate water being introduced in very large amounts into the intake and cylinders and have the potential to easily bend a rod, bust a piston or window a block.

Look around, you'll find posts about the seal on the air filter breather and the cowl seal and the problems resulting if they fail just in the rain! Water doesn't compress and these engines have high compression to begin with.

I wouldn't worry about the exhaust NEAR as much as the intake. I can also tell you, these trucks are heavy, those mud holes and water pits most say have no bottom, well they do, and in one of these, you're pretty much bound to find it! Mine seen it's fair share of off road, believe me, it's get to the bottom of a situation pretty quick!

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run through water a few inches above the bootom of the door occasionally and my exhaust is dumped under the extended cab, and the air intake is up by the radiator. Never had a problem with it sucking in water.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a job foreman couldn't for me to blade mud from road so decided to go thru 3 ft. mudhole,splashed water up in intake. I spent next 2 days pulling bent rods out of it and finally just put in new motor. Made interesting topic at safety meeting. LOL!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online