Stacks and hard starting help

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
so i have a 92 f250 with the 7.3 and a five speed im doing satcks next weekend and just was wondering what muffler i could use to tone it i dont mind loud being 18 but i want it to sound good also i have a hard starting problem when its cold i just put new berus in it and i changed my controller to manual any help would be greatky appreciated i would like it to be reliable again thanks in advance

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
check for fuel leakage
muffler are you running a turbo or na
for the muffler it just depends on if you are running a turbo or not

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
its leaking a little fuel from the injector pump i have another one in the garage just waiting on time to get it fixed will prolly be put off till christmas break when i dont have school my motor is N/A i know it will be loud but i would like it to be a toned loud if thats possible:D

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put stacks on my truck a few days ago with no muffler. Its loud but i think it sounds good. I think you should start with no muffler and if you arent happy add one later...thats what i was going to do but i dont think im going to be adding a muffler now.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
thanks for the info its striaght piped right now and it cackles and is really blatty above 2200 even tho i dont pull anything i just like to get on it and burn some fuel LOL

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck cackles and is really blatty at high rpms too...but i usually shift around 2000 when im driving normal so i save some fuel and it doesnt sound to bad...but i like being able to get on it and bring her almost to the governor before i shift...it gets everybodys attention real fast.

Oh and your going to love the stacks...my favorite part is putting the pedal to the floor and watch traffic behind me nearly stop...for some reason some people dont like the black smoke rolling out of the stacks...but i love it and thats all that matters.LOL

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have the second set of stacks on my truck now. Im running 5" from the turbo down pipe back to a 5" y in the bed and two 5" stacks. Its really not that loud, gets a little throaty at 2k -2500, but not bad. the n/a motor may be louder due to the turbo being a good deal of backpressure.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larger diameter pipe cuts down on the cackle, but a streight pipe is so dang loud. A quality exhaust note is hard to get without a good speaker, be it a turbo or a streight through muffler design. ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with Mel. I have a welded oval on mine, was like $40 from Summit. I'm N/A, three inch pipe all the way into to a 4 inch square cross/expansion box, then into 3" stacks. I love the sound, you can cruise with a deep toned hum, or stand on it and make noise. NO cackel at all, I HATE CACKLE, but has a nice throaty deep tone. I keep saying I'm going to get a sound bite, but never have!

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys im going to run it striaght for this weekend and see how i like it. i am replacing the y from the manifolds with three inch then im running three into four then a four inch T into 4 inch stacks hope it sounds good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin