Spending my Tax Return on DT466 Parts

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
I email Craig Sage from SCS with that same question. Here is he email response below.......I hope you are sitting down.:D

Heath,
Yes, you can use are transfer case for a daily driver.
We have three sizes of transfer case 12.66 drop, 23.333 drop are for
standard engine location. Our 18" is for rear engine trucks needing
counter rotation.
Our Transfer cases are all Divorce mounted.
Our transfer cases can live behind 2500 HP blower motors. I don't see
any problem being behind a DT466.
Prices are:
The 12.66 Transfer case all the time 4x4 is $2350.00
The 12.66 with Two wheel Disconnect is $3145.00 <-------This is the one I want.
The 18" Counter Rotation all the time 4x4 is $3550.00
The !8" with Two wheel Disconnect is $4345.00
The 23.333" all the time 4x4 is $4150.00
The 23.333" with Two wheel Disconnect is $4945.00

If you have any more question please e-mail [email protected] or call
419-483-7278.

Best Regards,
Craig Sage

Heath

:eek:

That's more than I spent on my truck!!!! ;p

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An arm and a leg, probably.

But if Heath is a doctor, I bet he can get a spare :sly :rotflmao

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
With 70%+ of the population in rural Ky on the government's plantation and now Obamacare :backoff "helping" me some more ........ I'd seriously doubt I'll be buying a single new one. You'd be surprised at how much I take home a year. I'm taxed nearly have my income and I'm having to work longer and longer hours for less and less reimbursement. You'd puke if you knew the cost of a single year's malpractice insurance premium.:puke:

There is a reason I'm buying used pulling parts from a dude in Arkanas. I'm looking for a used SCS unit on pulloff.com as well.

Heath

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
With 70%+ of the population in rural Ky on the government's plantation and now Obamacare :backoff "helping" me some more ........ I'd seriously doubt I'll be buying a single new one. You'd be surprised at how much I take home a year. I'm taxed nearly have my income and I'm having to work longer and longer hours for less and less reimbursement. You'd puke if you knew the cost of a single year's malpractice insurance premium.:puke:

There is a reason I'm buying used pulling parts from a dude in Arkanas. I'm looking for a used SCS unit on pulloff.com.

Heath

Oh, I'm not hatin' on your pay (or lack thereof). Your income level is your business ;Really.

I just figured you'd be able to locate a spare leg and arm, thus getting parts for cheap :thumbsup:

And we won't go into politics about Obamacare and malpractice insurance and insurance sca...companies in this thread. Back to the highly impractible, DT466 that's giving people wood :puke:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not hatin' on your pay (or lack thereof). Your income level is your business ;Really.

I just figured you'd be able to locate a spare leg and arm, thus getting parts for cheap :thumbsup:

And we won't go into politics about Obamacare and malpractice insurance and insurance sca...companies in this thread. Back to the highly impractible, DT466 that's giving people wood :puke:

Good point. Lets not turn a fun thread into a depressing political/social discussion.:D

Heath

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCS stuff isn't much worse than Atlas.. Hve you looked at t-cases from duece and a half's or medium duty stuff? Acme truck Parts is where I do all my widow shopping.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"much worse than" should read: "much worse of a price point than". Cheapest I found a 4 speed Atlas the other day was 32~

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SCS stuff isn't much worse than Atlas.. Hve you looked at t-cases from duece and a half's or medium duty stuff? Acme truck Parts is where I do all my widow shopping.

Yeah, SCS is priced competitively with Atlas, but SCS swears they have never had a t-case failure...........:dunno. Atlas is more of an off-road thing. SCS is more tailored to pullers/monster truck stuff. Not to mention, they have some really beefy stuff for the Dana 80. Likely going to see what kind of stuff I can get from them for my ten lug Dana 80 as well.

Man, those 2 1/2, and 5 ton t-cases are seriously huge/heavy. Plus, the front output is a little too far to the passenger's side for my rig. The cost for a used SCS is not too far off from some of those military t-cases I've seen. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the turbo, rods, lines, turbine housings, and Hypermax P-pump saturday. Got to have a good look at his and his father's tractors as well. Brad's triple charger set up is wild, his thrid (largest) turbo is HUGE. The compressor housing wouldn't fit in a 5 gallon bucket.:eek::D I'm going to try and post up some photos later this week.

Still need a t-case though, but once that is found and purchased, and I get the crew cab finished....... I'll start mocking up the DT466.;Sweet

Heath

nsjames

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen an Atlas broken behind a healthy LSx motor, I'm not sure I would put it behind a hopped up dt466 and expect it to live.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen an Atlas broken behind a healthy LSx motor, I'm not sure I would put it behind a hopped up dt466 and expect it to live.

An Atlas, nope, not me. SCS is in a different league for highpower application t-cases than Atlas. But, Atlas is much more versitle for offroad use with all the gear options in one case. With the SCS, you get superb strength, but only one gear ratio at a time. You can change them easily/quickly, but you have to physically remove one gear set from the T-case and add another.

Heath

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the pics when you begin Heath. Makes me wish I was closer so I could stop by and check things out and lend a hand if you needed

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the pics when you begin Heath. Makes me wish I was closer so I could stop by and check things out and lend a hand if you needed

Shoot, I wish you could as well. It is going to be a slow project to finish. Lots to do and unfortunately, lots to buy still.:D Again, the only major drivetrain component I still need is the T-case. I've got to find a top charger to go along with the S400 with an 85mm inducer and currently a 132 turbine housing. But, like any project, the detail work is usually the most important and time consuming aspect.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.