Specific differences between early/ late brick nose

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up around 70s model Ford gas burners and have always been a Ford guy/ family as well. My dad had a 76 F100 short bed he put 3/4 axles under for his plumbing truck because he liked the short wheel base for getting around towns/houses and through 4 engines the body had to have 1 million miles on it.
We had one slant nose F150 for a short time. It was around the mid 90s before we got up to an 87 brick nose, then shortly got a 92 OBS. We skipped the slant nose. Lol
But now I'm into diesels and don't want a gas burner. After our Caravan got totaled I managed to talk my wife, who's from a traditionally Chevy family (not that she's really into that brand loyalty thing) into getting an 06 Expedition which is crazy nice. Win for the Ford guy! Lol

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, 2wd, 5.4L, automatic

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is nothing compatible between the cab structures of the Brick vs. the OBS. OBS had to have the cab reinforced for the installation of airbags in the F150's and light F250's. if you attempt to mix and match, you will be very dissatisfied with the amount of time spent and the results.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life long Chevy guy till Little o bailed out GM...sold my Chevy's and went to Ford with no looking back.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always tell people Ford is the only true American vehicle manufacturer left.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snicklas, I go back almost that far. Hop me up one generation. My dad had an 83 f150. I learned to drive in his 91 and my first vehicle was an 88. Hence my love for the brick nose.

A little nostalgia.

You must be registered for see images attach

Washing her when I brought her home. Apologize for the hijack.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDIoit, I'd like to take you up on that core support......

it is out of a 1989 F350 w/ a 460.
if youre interested, you would only need to become a supporting member, and pay for shipping.
get your orange label on, and PM me your address for shipping fee's
if you have some extra cash, i can get it sand blasted, but he would charge 60 bucks.

condensor and trans cooler not included

and since were hijacking the OP's thread,
this is the truck i grew up in, i cannot remember a single moment in the past 38 years without this truck.
my dad was given an ultimatum by my mother in the late 80's that i will never forgive her for, when my dad sold his little house and was able to afford a really nice house.
she made my dad sell off his 61, and 63 falcons, but some how mannaged to keep this bad boy.
ive always been about pre 1972 vehicles. but last year i got my first diesel, and its ben like falling off a clif to the oldschools...
you guys say an 80's is oldschools, and it makes me laugh when im constantly dreaming of my 1919 overland that i will one day build..lol

Last edited:

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Slantnose trucks have a metal, chromed interior handle, the Brick and OBS have a black plastic handle. These like to break off, but the slant handle is the same size and shape and can be swapped in. I have seen this "upgrade" many times.

Really!? If that's the case I will never buy another of those crappy, breaking, plastic handles again. One of the worst designs ever. Lol

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and since were hijacking the OP's thread,
this is the truck i grew up in, i cannot remember a single moment in the past 38 years without this truck.
my dad was given an ultimatum by my mother in the late 80's that i will never forgive her for, when my dad sold his little house and was able to afford a really nice house.
she made my dad sell off his 61, and 63 falcons, but some how mannaged to keep this bad boy.
ive always been about pre 1972 vehicles. but last year i got my first diesel, and its ben like falling off a clif to the oldschools...
you guys say an 80's is oldschools, and it makes me laugh when im constantly dreaming of my 1919 overland that i will one day

Hijack away! I love hearing from fellow Ford guys as I'm stuck deep in Chevy country. [emoji2]

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Really!? If that's the case I will never buy another of those crappy, breaking, plastic handles again. One of the worst designs ever. Lol

Absolutely!!!! I have seen it before, and I know where one was sitting. There is an OBS IDI sitting for sale at a local lot. If I had the cash, it would be sitting in my driveway, not at the lot.... so I went and took this picture:

The one on the passenger door is still the black plastic one. If I remember right, it is just one bolt, and you can swap them out without having to take anything apart, the bolt is behind the "grass skirt" where the handle comes out of the panel. I am just glad this is an option. We had an 88 Taurus Wagon, and I think we pulled 3 or 4 door handles out of the drivers door while we owned it.....

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, I've replaced two in the last year lol