Special Thanks

Hybrid455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I did it posted some pics of my dirty truck. Ck it out http://www.oilburners.net/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=hall&u=11044

I have posted a couple of times with questions and done a lot of reading in this forum. I've been a Ford tech in the dealership for a long time but my diesel experience especially with the IDI's is limited. I started a big project in July involving parts from 3 trucks. The idea was to have 2 good trucks in the end with the best stuff ending up in my 86 F250 4x4. This is an oversimplified statement to say the least but lotsa work and a few busted knuckles later it is a success. I would never have believed that an IDI "Junk Yard Dog" could run like this. I am very happy so... Special thanks to Towcat for his thumbs up go for it response to my first post and very hot avatars, Agnem for all his work here with this forum and expert tech articles, everyone on oil burners that takes the time to share his or her experiences. You have amassed a invaluable amount of information for the newbie, you guys ROCK! I would also like to acknowledge Ebay, the local U Pull It salvage yard, Ford Mo Co, Navistar, ATS, Band Aid brand sheer strips and all my friends at the Ford House. I have learned alot through this project that I will share later but for now a sincere THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Nice to see another fellow New Mexican !!!;Sweet Post some pic's as soon as you can so we can check it out. Better yet, I may just run down the road and check it out as I am your neighbor in Tijeras... :D

This is a great forum with lot's of great members with tons of experience !!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats about the warmest Thankyou I have ever seen posted here... For those that were mentioned may I say thanks.. This is why we are here. Now pass along what you have learned. Someone down the line will thankyou for it....:D;Sweet

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got your project is a success and finished!:thumbsup:

This forum is a great place full of great people who are willing to help you and your truck. I have recently experienced that when my fan clutch went out when i was on vacation and icanfixall was near by, he saved me by bringing me a fan clutch. Thanks again icanfixall!;Sweet

:yell:If anyone on the forum is cruising along the central coast where i am and breaks down here i am more than willing to help get them up and going again.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see some pictures! I grew up in Albuquerque and still make it back there from time to time to see family. Can't beat the mexican food at Sadie's and Casa de Buenivitas!!

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Let's see some pictures! I grew up in Albuquerque and still make it back there from time to time to see family. Can't beat the mexican food at Sadie's and Casa de Buenivitas!!

Yep........... and both of those resturants are still in business and doing well !!!! Can't forget about the fresh roasted green chille either !!! ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is worthless without pictures LOL

Just kidding! Thanks for the thanks, and this only proves what we've been telling people, that the dealerships are ill equipped to service these trucks unless their techs have this site bookmarked! Your employer should give you a raise for educating yourself. ;Sweet I was talking to a new graduate of the collision repair trade, and he said he wouldn't even know how to unbolt a fender on one of these. I remember how uncomfortable the old timers were in the dealerships when cars started coming out with computers in them. Points and condensers were easy, but they never touched a keyboard. Now the pendulum has swung 180, and all those guys are retired, and if you can't fix it with a computer, well then.... Better know about sites on the web like this. :hail

Hybrid455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
POSTED PICS

Several of you guys requested pics so I posted some! She's a labor of love either that or I'm a little nuts!

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=hall&u=11044

Nice to see another fellow New Mexican !!!;Sweet Post some pic's as soon as you can so we can check it out. Better yet, I may just run down the road and check it out as I am your neighbor in Tijeras... :D

This is a great forum with lot's of great members with tons of experience !!

Glad to hear you got your project is a success and finished!:thumbsup:

This forum is a great place full of great people who are willing to help you and your truck. I have recently experienced that when my fan clutch went out when i was on vacation and icanfixall was near by, he saved me by bringing me a fan clutch. Thanks again icanfixall!;Sweet

:yell:If anyone on the forum is cruising along the central coast where i am and breaks down here i am more than willing to help get them up and going again.

Yep........... and both of those resturants are still in business and doing well !!!! Can't forget about the fresh roasted green chille either !!! ;Sweet

This thread is worthless without pictures LOL

Just kidding! Thanks for the thanks, and this only proves what we've been telling people, that the dealerships are ill equipped to service these trucks unless their techs have this site bookmarked! Your employer should give you a raise for educating yourself. ;Sweet I was talking to a new graduate of the collision repair trade, and he said he wouldn't even know how to unbolt a fender on one of these. I remember how uncomfortable the old timers were in the dealerships when cars started coming out with computers in them. Points and condensers were easy, but they never touched a keyboard. Now the pendulum has swung 180, and all those guys are retired, and if you can't fix it with a computer, well then.... Better know about sites on the web like this. :hail

Thats about the warmest Thankyou I have ever seen posted here... For those that were mentioned may I say thanks.. This is why we are here. Now pass along what you have learned. Someone down the line will thankyou for it....:D;Sweet

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Very clean. Not many extended cabs escape the window leak of death around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online