south bend clutch vs new original

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
There is no need for a new flywheel. The one in the photo is the original Ford part, it's just been resurfaced. There is no need to redrill/tap the old flywheel. There is plenty of room for a 12 inch clutch on the flywheel using the standard mounting holes for the pressure plate.

As far as performance, it has never slipped yet. But, I have killed my T-case with WOT at 8-9 psi of boost. But like I said above, it grabs more taking off and backing up. It's is not annoying and it doesn't make the truck difficult to drive..........it's just something you notice.

Also, if I had it to do over, I would not have used the TOB provided by SBC. There is nothing wrong with it, but I would rather have gotten a TOB with a greese zerk so it would be easy to lube.

Heath

ya a TOB with a zerk that would be the way to go where would a fella get on
thanks for the info on the flywheel i thought the original flywheel would work but i wasnt shure thanks:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how do you guys like your southbend clutches? Do you guys notice any extra noise at idle after switching to the SMF? cause ive heard thats a problem when going from DMF to SMF.

My truck has the original DMF and i just ordered a SMF from southben that im going to be installing in the next week.

Do you guys have any tips for installing the clutch. Ive never done a clutch before and im a bit nervous.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
theres nothing to it its easy expecially after doing a few big rig clutches those are a ***** but pay attension to how u took everything apart mark bolts where they go and itll go smoothly

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
ya a TOB with a zerk that would be the way to go where would a fella get on
thanks for the info on the flywheel i thought the original flywheel would work but i wasnt shure thanks:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

From "The Parts Bin" thread in the tech articles:

"F1TZ-7548-B Greaseable Throw Out Beaing Assy (includes hose)t-19 only"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86