Soup Bowl Question

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a question about the soup bowl. My dads truck (the 6.9) still has the soup bowl on it when he bought it. My 7.3 doesn't have the soup bowl. My dad wanted to trade the air cleaner lids, so we did and my lid fit his truck. When we tried to put his soup bowl lid on my air cleaner it wouldn't even sit down on the bottom of the lid. My question is did the 6.9s only come with the soup bowls and when the 7.3 came out International deleted the soup bowl? Thanks guys.

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are actually planning on cutting it off now. He is getting old(at least he thinks so) and he was worried about too much noise coming from the intake. He likes his trucks to be quiet now(hence the flowmaster 70 muffler). After he tried it though he wants to keep it now lol. His 6.9 has a good sound with the K@N and no soup bowl(which was to be expected:love:) Why didn't his fit mine though?

Last edited:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
some have the soup bowl and some have a intake baffle in the bottom of the air cleaner. check inside the bottom and see if it's the same size as the intake.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No telling without pictures to compare lol
The thing the bolt goes into to hold the lid on could be taken as a "bridge," but all of the intakes have those.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Some had a plate tacked on that was like a 3"diameter. I suppose you could call it a restrictor plate. Its right above the intake opening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle