Sound proofing options, and exhaust question

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose any of you took sound measurements of before and after? I'm kind of wishing I did took a baseline with my truck before tearing it apart. Actually even a simple comparison for cruising at X-mph might be helpful to evaluate how well each product works. Our trucks are all fairly similar so what works well on one should work well on another.

Whichever way I go, I'll see if can get one of those phone apps and post the results.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose any of you took sound measurements of before and after? I'm kind of wishing I did took a baseline with my truck before tearing it apart. Actually even a simple comparison for cruising at X-mph might be helpful to evaluate how well each product works. Our trucks are all fairly similar so what works well on one should work well on another.

Whichever way I go, I'll see if can get one of those phone apps and post the results.

Rob did in his ranger. I know it's not exactly the same but I bet is fairly close.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob did in his ranger. I know it's not exactly the same but I bet is fairly close.

Yup, I saw he did a pretty good writeup on that. Not the same, but lets face it, our trucks have got nothing on a BT cummins equipped ranger for engine noise!

Even a stock diesel ranger has a decent amount of rattle.