Sorry Guys...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the professor of "no payments" couldn't hold out forever...

I pulled the trigger on an '06 Ram 3500 diesel. 6 speed manual transmission, quad cab, longbed/dually, SLT. She should arrive from the factory in mid June.

The driving factor was actually my 2001 Chevy Impala, which has been a problem child. Had to sell/trade her while she still had enough value to make a dent in the Ram payment. Looking forward to the new Ram and having a vehicle with full warranty and NO AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. I've replaced 2 in 2 years, between the F-350 and the Impala, and the Impala STILL isn't right. It goes back to AAMCO next week before going up for sale locally. 41,000 miles.

I'll still be keeping my IDI, though, so am not leaving the brotherhood. She will be used for farm work--hauling trash, hay, and building supplies as I upgrade our 64 year old home. The IDI will be busy doing chores that the new trucks just can't do because their sheetmetal is too thin. The Dodge will be our travel vehicle for long/heavy horse hauls.

Mike

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
your correct about the sheet metal--friend got a magnum-talk about a thin roof!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang near blow on it and deflect the metal!!!!!

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
. The IDI will be busy doing chores that the new trucks just can't do because their sheetmetal is too thin.

I under stand that a buddy of mine who does exterior trim backed into the yard of a new house and caught the tailpipe right at the end and wrinkled the bottom edge of the bed on his 2005 dodge... the stainless steel exhaust sprung right back where it started leaving the dent in the bottom edge of the bedside :rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... If its a 2006 then it must have the big 409 Cummins in it.... ;Sweet Tell us all about the motor like hp and torque...... :angel:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welllllll.... It is the 5.9L Cummins. I didn't want to get into the new 6.7L Cummins and all the headaches the new emissions will bring.

6 speed manual transmission. 325 hp at 2900 rpm; 610 ft-lbs at 1600 rpm.

I swore I'd never daily drive a one ton dually, but the Ram will get better mileage than most pickups and diesel where I am now is much less than regular unleaded... As it should be. To boot, the drive to work is all highway so things oughta do pretty well...

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, i have been hiding from you guys for awhile since I checked into Camp Lejeune, NC. I ordered a 3500 MC 6 speed Laramie with the Jake brake and 4x4. Basically everything I ever wanted in a truck. Don't hate me, been waiting for awhile to get the best rig I could find. I looked at all three trucks and the Dodge/Cummins with the 6 speed seemed like the best of the Evils, so I took the plunge. Won't actually get the rig until the middle of May. Got a decent deal on it and I will be driving it back from St Louis. We may pass each other. Anyhow, don't beat me up too much. Had to make some compromises, and slim down on the amount of vehicles I own. Scotty

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scotty, I thought that's what you probably needed to do. I think the IDI was never going to satisfy your power demands...or Travis'...for that matter. We still love ya. I haven't heard any bad stuff about the Cummins Diesel of any stripe. The 6.7L V8 may be a different story, but probably not, maybe a few bugs, but all Cummins' stuff has been good.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
My plan is working as prescribed bruwhaahaahaa

Mel feel the power of the darkside - embrace it with me - together we can rule the universe with an iron fist.

;p :rotflmao :angel:

Scotty

:hail Mega Cab - I have seen one of those up close at a Monster Truck show and boy oh boy there is a ton of room in the back seat - would love to have one

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
Don't feel too bad, i have been hiding from you guys for awhile since I checked into Camp Lejeune, NC. I ordered a 3500 MC 6 speed Laramie with the Jake brake and 4x4. Basically everything I ever wanted in a truck. Don't hate me, been waiting for awhile to get the best rig I could find. I looked at all three trucks and the Dodge/Cummins with the 6 speed seemed like the best of the Evils, so I took the plunge. Won't actually get the rig until the middle of May. Got a decent deal on it and I will be driving it back from St Louis. We may pass each other. Anyhow, don't beat me up too much. Had to make some compromises, and slim down on the amount of vehicles I own. Scotty

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beretzs said:
isn't there a smiley out there with a lightsaber? :backoff:backoff:backoff
one more thing...
why hasn't the new buyer of your rig checked in here yet?

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Well the professor of "no payments" couldn't hold out forever...

I pulled the trigger on an '06 Ram 3500 diesel. 6 speed manual transmission, quad cab, longbed/dually, SLT. She should arrive from the factory in mid June.

Mike

Congrats Mike.. Sounds like an excellent rig. Think you'll thoroughly enjoy it..

Al

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
towcat said:
isn't there a smiley out there with a lightsaber? :backoff:backoff:backoff
one more thing...
why hasn't the new buyer of your rig checked in here yet?

I'm thinking it was all a big ploy & he never really sold the truck. He didn't buy a dodge, he sent the IDI out for a cummins swap. & now that the weather has broken, he will unvail the new creation. This is the only logical explaination for his absence & no "new owner" checking in. :Sly :Sly LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argve said:
My plan is working as prescribed bruwhaahaahaa

Mel feel the power of the darkside - embrace it with me - together we can rule the universe with an iron fist.

;p :rotflmao :angel:

Scotty

:hail Mega Cab - I have seen one of those up close at a Monster Truck show and boy oh boy there is a ton of room in the back seat - would love to have one

My light saber batteries are fully charged oh Seth Lord! I shall defeat you in Chatty! :shoot: :moon: :smash: :rtfm -Flame Thr :peelout :Axed ;Poke

As for Scotty, his eyes will be opened one day, when the power he has sought, turns on him and consumes all that he was. :eek:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHOA fellers. My cousin, who the old rig was sold to does not have the internet, he is a good old boy who lives up in the hills of Upstate NY and does too much extra work to mess around with the silly computers (his words). Great family though. Wouldn't trade him. But he does have a new motor in the truck, uses it for his fishing and towing truck. Absolutely loves it. I smile for him because it has turned out to be a great truck for him. As it was for me. The new truck was a neccessity, in most parts, had to have a reliable rig to pull my Jeep around and the wife would not go for another used rig that needed a few more thousand bucks to make it mine AFTER I bought it. We'll see, hopefully that Dodge will be a nice truck. Plus, if I remember correctly, I saw Mel in a Dodge not to long ago in one of those spy photos, so they can't be all bad.

On another note, I have had huge withdrawals as of lately, man, everytime I hear a diesel I almost break my neck to get a peek at it. So hopefully the new rig will slow me down for awhile. It does stink having payments again, but, hopefully with the 100K warranty I will not be pumping out money to fix the rig. They are nice trucks, and I couldn't bring myself to take a chance with a 6.0 or wait for an emissions monster the 6.4 Twin Turbo will be, and the Chevys/GMC with Independent Front suspension don't really appeal to me. So the Dodge with a Solid front axle, 6 speed manual, and the cummins seemed like the logical choice, and the MegaCab will have plenty of room for me and my family. I still miss you guys, had alot of reading to catch up on, since I have read OB in about a month or more. Scotty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin