Sorry guys, I am a traitor

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
VIDEO ADDED - Sorry guys, I am a traitor

Well I pulled my engine yesterday finally... only hangup... had to pull the front clip and deflate the front tires to get the engine to clear. I found a pretty good deal on a 12valve Cummins locally and I think I am going to jump on it.

Anyways, I need to make room in my work area so the 6.9 has got to go. I am in Southern California... if anybody wants a great deal on a complete and running (needs a head gasket though) 6.9 see my ad in the marketplace and make me an offer... not sure what to ask for it.

Some removal pics-
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

edit- bonus video! check it out and let me know what you think-
http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GQT-wOCkU

Last edited:

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Oh and another thing... if anybody needs any body parts in front of the cab, let me know... I think I will be fabbing my own front clip and will just ditch the stock stuff... similar with interior body parts... basically anything body-related except the cab shell.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not going to be ******* you about it, I will more than likely being buying a cummins myself before long, not for my ford though. I am strongly considering building a pulling truck instead of pulling tractors anymore. I found a really good deal on a complete dodge truck that needs some work and it is hard to pass up, now I just have to sell a couple of the pulling tractors to make the wife happy and have room for a pulling truck project.

I don't want to spend the money to go all out crazy on a tractor, but there just isn't aren't any "farm" stock classes around anymore in the weight class that I used to pull, and I am getting bored by the slow crawl of antique pulling. It seems like every fair or pulling event around has a work stock and a street class for diesel trucks and that would give me a lot more options to play with.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Im considering a cummins 12v repower myself at the moment. Gonna keep the idi's around, but Im going half ton with them. Fiance wants a scout ( and why not put an idi to motivate it) and im thinking about an early bronco with 1 ton drive train (including the idi and zf5)

Gonna have to make a "Repowered" section of the forums soon for all of us ship jumpers to relate on. LOL

punk

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Im considering a cummins 12v repower myself at the moment. Gonna keep the idi's around, but Im going half ton with them. Fiance wants a scout ( and why not put an idi to motivate it) and im thinking about an early bronco with 1 ton drive train (including the idi and zf5)

Gonna have to make a "Repowered" section of the forums soon for all of us ship jumpers to relate on. LOL

punk

but we could never trust each other...

...joking

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
jperecko, it seems we have a lot in common. We both keep insane hours (although a lot on here do), both have old fords getting (possibly in my case) cummins, and both live in apartments with closets for garages.

Glad to see im not alone in the insanity!

punk

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have been saying that for years! My dad still says that when I call him at 7am indiana time and he realizes thats 4 am here.

How far in so cal are you? Towcat is down in santa clara (actually k_williams is down there too at the moment) and Im headed that way in a few weeks for a long weekend, may be a good chance to meet face to face and shoot the sh*t.

Punk

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
cant touch the mohawk, rockn this off and on since 01 man. aint gonna change anytime soon, even got work convinced its "allowable" under their lax dress code. Priceless being a diesel tech in a dealership and the whole time i got my black stocking cap covering a blue mop!

punk

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Riverside.. near UCR (campus)

I tend to be busy with school (even summer school), work, and other work... but maybe we can work something out.

Keep an eye on your crew cab as I might try to swap it out for my extended cab when you arent looking. With them both being flat black nobody'll notice.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
This is getting weird, lol. both flat black and I see in your sig you have a td benz (although a more desireable 123 body verses my 116).

YOU sure we arent somehow related?

punk

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
K I think we are good then. Not too much crazy runs in my family.. or they just hide it well. There are some fabled pseudo-crazies in EH territory (Canada) though.

Immediate family is all in medicine and I am the oddball out up all night with my head in engines and schooling for engineering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online