Sorry But Its Another Tranny Question

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
1990 ford f250 4x4 7.3 Banks kit

90xxx miles

E40D transmission.

Now heres my problem. Every day I fire up my truck let it warm up a little bit and take off. Everything shift and drives fine for about 5 miles, then after it seems to have warmed up all the way my tranny will seem to lock up the converter when its suppose to but yet then it will unlock and go back and forth seems to be in 3rd and overdrive it does this. I dont believe I feel any slipping.

Heres what I have checked.

fluid -full
wires -dirty but yet plugged in
put the shunt in my banks transcommander since I lost it lol :dunno
also i had never drove it with that plugged in, it came with the truck but the box was crushed. so i do not know if it drove fine before
Tail lights,brakes lights - all work fine no shorts
trailer lights -seem to be fine

I do not know if anyone has every did a tranny filter or change. could it be as simple as that ?

Help :dunno

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
Just read about the FIPL reset ? very good article but Im not sure where this is ? Guess that could throw it off to right ?

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
Perfect Ill get the volt meter out and see what the numbers tell me ! thanks. Have you personally ever tested yours ? This isnt something I can screw up testing is it lol ?

:cheers:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Not really. LOL It's pretty straight forward. The hardest part for me was getting the Torx bolts loose at first. And as long as the meters probes aren't too thick to get into the connector, you should be fine. Just remember that the lower the setting, the softer the shift, and the higher the firmer. Good luck!