Soooooo Much Nicer

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the '92s run like greased eel snot, you didnt know?

Sounds good to me. No idea on the smoke. It looks white for sure. Mine doesnt smoke at all normally. A hint wide open empty and a little more with a hellava load.

EDIT: mine did start to smoke a little white right around fuel filter change time. Changed the filter and it stopped. I would think with a fresh engine its got a fresh filter. Just thought Id throw that out there....

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smoke - mine does that after I start her up from sitting months at a time. Goes away once I run around the block.

Did you touch the ip?

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how that cowl intake goes - I've been thinking of doing one since I lost my air intake on the last test drive!

ohiozj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds nice... does it have a straight pipe?

edit: nevermind.... i read the sig

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Did your old motor bite the dust?
Im always interested to see what the fate of a motor is when one feels the need to drop another in its place.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your old motor bite the dust?
Im always interested to see what the fate of a motor is when one feels the need to drop another in its place.

I just picked up a 94 N/A motor with 150k miles for my 90. My 7.3 now is mixing antifreeze in the oil bad and I thought this was a good deal, lower miles, serpentine setup, driven by an old man since new, untouched motor. This way I can get it all ready to go, pull mine, swap turbo stuff and drop it right in. I will be tearing my old one apart to see if its head gaskets, oil cooler o-rings, or the big C.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
My old one had a popped headgasket that was leaking ONLY compression. Idling and starting you could hear the cylinder forcing its compression into the engine bay. :D It had been that way since a few weeks after I got the truck. For a few hundred bucks I got this engine. I've got a few minor things to button up on it like the NEW valve cover gasket that is leaking and a couple return line hats that are as well, then that's it.(Good thing I bought some Viton O-rings from Russ) Before I dropped this thing in there I took the time, and the cash, to go ahead and put a few new gaskets in there. New rear main, new VC gaskets and I resealed the oil cooler. (BIG thanks to Corey for that writeup) It's great to have an IDI that doesn't sound embarrassing.LOL Like I said earlier, I asked the welding instructor about him cutting a hole to my cowl for me and he said no problem, that will hopefully happen today. I've been wanting to do this mod for awhile and hoping it will give me the results I want.;Sweet

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Retorque the heads before you drop it in. Much easier when the motor is on a stand or on the ground providing that it don't move.

Its good practice.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Im not far from the 49th line and spend nearly as much time state side as I do my side it seems. I enjoy the U.S, lotsa buddies down there.