SON OF A B***H

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't say but if it's an E4OD then the TC nuts are 13MM, a six point socket is better to use, at least that is what I have used on the last four I've done. They are self locking nuts and should never be re used. Just why are you changing the TC? If it has blown up then you better pull the pan, and your aux cooler, if you have one, it will possibly be full of junk also the cooler coils in the radiator.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Erwin bolt extractors are great. I use mine alot. And not very expensive. I think you can get a set at Advanced for about $30

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Might be a good excuse to buy one of these:

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't own one, but a guy was telling me how he uses his all the time to cut off bolt heads and he even used it to cut copper pipe on a water line in a place that was so tight he couldn't get a regular pipe cutter wheel in there...

Might be worth a try.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
You don't say but if it's an E4OD then the TC nuts are 13MM, a six point socket is better to use, at least that is what I have used on the last four I've done. They are self locking nuts and should never be re used. Just why are you changing the TC? If it has blown up then you better pull the pan, and your aux cooler, if you have one, it will possibly be full of junk also the cooler coils in the radiator.

lol well mine aint i tryed a 13mm it was to small!!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Six point metric socket is your friend. :D Take your friend and beat it on the nut with a hammer. It should come right off.

Don't forget to cuss at it. A little sweet talking will make easier. LOL

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Benton, your BEST bet here is a NUT SPLITTER!!!!

You will have LOTS of room, don't damage threads if done right and you can STILL sell that TC to a transmission shop afterwards as a rebuildable core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU1LXvlCvmI

Good luck with it all buddy.

I should also mention this is the hydraulic version, but I have 3 sizes of MANUAL versions....you just wind it in with a wrench and it will cut the nuts off.

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got it

Ive always had good luck with just tacking/welding on a larger bolt. I just removed my torque converter too....so now that I think about it...maybe a bit limited on space to tack weld a nut on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle