something missing under my hood - how to figure out what it was?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the passenger side of my 89 f250 7.3, under the hood and just in front of the blower fan there is a bracket mounted right up against the side but with nothing there - and another mount of some sort just below it where whatever is missing used to sit. Basically it is right between the battery and the fan. I was going to make use of this space to mount a heat exchanger for my soon-to-be two tank veggie system but i need to figure out just what was taken out and if i need to replace it.
anyone know?
thanks,
paul

suv7734

Reaction score
Sounds like the bracket for the jack

Attachments

• jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 7

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jack, the bracket, and the jack cranking rod.... All extra weight and junk to rattle and rust. None of my trucks have them, and are removed and replaced by a good hydraulic jack behind the seat or in the tool box. :)

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '93 IDI CC NA the factory jack was in the cab. I tried and tried and tried to get this thing to fit under the factory bracket, and there is NO WAY it will fit properly. So it is just laying there now "kinda" under the bracket. I like to keep my truck as stock as possible but this is really wierd.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you don't have the original jack?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker