Solid state GP controler

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.9 GP controler/sol that is off an 84, but it looks just like my solid state on the 94. Dose the old style look anything like the solid state one? I didnt think it did.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if it looks like a small box with a solenoid on it with the zig-zag resistor, and 6 wires, color: Red, White, Blue, Black Green Yellow, it is the solid state?
It looks like mine, I just want to confirm that its what I need since all my experiance is with the 7.3's 88-94.

94johnh

Reaction score
So if it looks like a small box with a solenoid on it with the zig-zag resistor, and 6 wires, color: Red, White, Blue, Black Green Yellow, it is the solid state?
It looks like mine, I just want to confirm that its what I need since all my experiance is with the 7.3's 88-94.

Does it click on and off after initial warm up?

john

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its solid state it will also have the bullet type glow plug terminals like your 94. The latching relay uses a screw in the head controller on the driver's side and spade terminal plugs.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have been more clear on this, I wanted to know because I was gonna buy some "spare parts". Was told they were 6.9 parts, probibly off an 85. I know about the GP terminal differences, but w/o it being on the truck I have no way of knowing if it was a solid state controler, It looked just like mine and had the same color wires(i think).

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There would be no mistaking the 2 different controllers, they are completely different. If it looks like the unit on your 7.3 then it is a solid state unit.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I needed to know. I figured it was the right one, but I didnt want to buy something I wont be able to use.
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online