Soft Brake Pedal

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced the front calipers, so I would think you still have air in the front system. But now you have taken apart the RABS, you might have air in the rear system also.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see how old this thread is and perhaps someone who has solved this problem can comment, but I thought I would mention that I have a similar issue. Didn't replace calipers, brake pads, or adjust anything. I had to replace a stripped junction block (the piece connected to the rear brake hose that connects to the axle and splits the rear brake lines) The only parts replaced were the brake hose, flare nuts, and eventually the wheel cylinder. My brakes are currently stiff at 50% travel, then sink slowly. E-brake is tight.

This tells me that my issue and possibly some of the others here is an incompletely bled brake system. Just a couple notes...
1. The brakes should be bled from the bleeder valve furthest from MC.... that would be pass, rear.
2. After reading some previous posters, it may be necessary to have the truck pitched so the front end is higher to accomplish proper bleed? Just a thought.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
I parked my truck four years ago. Also stopped logging on here a couple years ago. Decided it may be time to put it back on the road. Not so surprisingly the wire from the starter to the solenoid has crumbled into nothingness. Another issue I had was the brake pedal slowly sinking to the floor. I was searching threads and found this one. Apparently I'm not the only one willing to drag up an old thread to see if anyone has found a solution to this issue....only a year later. Good to be back on here. Don't see all the familiar names posting but a few.