So what did you do with your truck today?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Got the Enterprise out of the mud! Ratchet strapped a 2x4 across both tires on both sides and she moved herself no problem. Thursday I'll be taking my tools to the truck so I can start removing the clip.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ALIVE!

I FINALLY got the truck to turn over today! First time i've heard her purr since before Xmas. New Injectors, Gp's, Rtrn Lns, Fuel Filter AND I deleted the fuel heater. But of course, nothing I do comes w/o issues...so now I am seeping diesel up out of #3 and #5 GP's. I've torqued 'em down but the still leak and start to fill up the little valley it sit's in. I have a leak at #2 injector that I have to fix but I expected to have at least one leaker with those but the GP's are worrying me.
Anybody know why it would do this?

Also any guesses as to what this conn is for?
You must be registered for see images attach

it comes from the same group of wires that has the fuel heater and the other conn....

Thanks...

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're about to get rain here but tomorrow i'm gonna take 'em out (the offending GP's...) clean 'em off and put them back in. I might be seeing this wrong and it's just more injector cap leak...so caps will come off and o-rings will get checked.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brushed about a foot of snow of her at 5am so that I could take my daughter to work.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
we're about to get rain here but tomorrow i'm gonna take 'em out (the offending GP's...) clean 'em off and put them back in. I might be seeing this wrong and it's just more injector cap leak...so caps will come off and o-rings will get checked.
Run a .22 bore brush down the GP hole. Or a reamer can be had.
The wire is for the water in fuel sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got the truck to turn over today! First time i've heard her purr since before Xmas. New Injectors, Gp's, Rtrn Lns, Fuel Filter AND I deleted the fuel heater. But of course, nothing I do comes w/o issues...so now I am seeping diesel up out of #3 and #5 GP's. I've torqued 'em down but the still leak and start to fill up the little valley it sit's in. I have a leak at #2 injector that I have to fix but I expected to have at least one leaker with those but the GP's are worrying me.
Anybody know why it would do this?

Also any guesses as to what this conn is for?

it comes from the same group of wires that has the fuel heater and the other conn....

Thanks...

The connector looks like it goes to the water-in-fuel sensor on the bottom of the filter housing.

Leaking GPs? They don't have anything in them to leak. Look at the injectors.

Hope this helps.

John L.

maverick350

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed new valve cover gaskets. Man, that passenger side is a pita.

joel1847

Reaction score
I was behind the 8 ball all day long, so it left me no choice but to drive it like I stole it.

Joel
norcal

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a water pump on the dually last night. Head gaskets leaking water at top corners, not much but I'm guessing that the engine sat in the rain for some time.
Bought the air hammer fan clutch kit for work. No more bleeding knuckles. Yay

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought the air hammer fan clutch kit for work. No more bleeding knuckles. Yay

nothing better than that 150 dollar tool that you only need once in a blue moon, but it beats the hell out of torching the fan clutch!!!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my oil for the second time in owning the truck. This weird 3 gallon mini bucket sure is handy to get the old oil out with. Always cracks me up how long it takes the powerstroke filter to fill up before you screw it on and how long it takes to stop dripping oil even when the engine was pretty warm before doing the change. Always nice to just see oil in the oil and your water in your water too.

Barely used a quart in 5k miles too and with 4.10's driving 65 ish to work with it, I'm having one of those days where I'm pretty happy with how the thing is shaping up since I bought it. Just gotta get through those first few hiccups.

Now if the 250 and car didn't also need oil changes I could go relax. Oh well this is still 99x better then having to go to work today..

Pianoman

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Picked up a "Dreamer" cabover for the big red truck. Pulled ok over the Santa Cruz Mts, but I definitely want to get that Turbo and typ4 cam setup going! With 2600 lbs on the back I could use a few more of those power numbers up front...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Picked up a "Dreamer" cabover for the big red truck. Pulled ok over the Santa Cruz Mts, but I definitely want to get that Turbo and typ4 cam setup going! With 2600 lbs on the back I could use a few more of those power numbers up front...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to take some daylight pics of big red!

Pianoman

Reaction score
I know! Daylight pics tomorrow, I promise. I have all day tomorrow to work at home and finish some details...

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well I didn't blow the rear end out yet so im happy about that one lol.now to find my damn air intrusion.no injector lines leaking no fuel leaks anywere.i gotta figure it out soon cause when you first start drivin it it'll buck and everything else it's bad.when it's warm out side it don't do it so idk what's up with it

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online