So what did you do with your truck today?

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get my truck ready for Vegas temps and hill-climbing in Sept, so I've been thinking about a pusher fan for my AC, but I'm thinking if I just run the AC all the time, the clutch fan will engage sooner than later by way of hot air coming from the radiator... Worth a shot. What relay switch setup did you use to trigger it?

I also ordered Gas-Magnum shocks for the back end of the truck. And found out that the Track bar I ordered last summer for almost $100 is now only $40. :(

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Installed an aluminum toolbox and picked up my 2" Add- a-leaf for the front...anyone wanna come help me put them on now? :D

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't literally "today" but within the past couple weeks I installed an Access roll-up tonneau cover and put in a new radio and speakers. Now I'm not stuck with AM radio! :D
now I just need step bars... everyone that gets in it for the first time says something about it being so high. hehe

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played another game of "Count the leaking injectors". I'm up to 5.

This may just require some action on my part

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trailer for the first time since the extension housing repair on my truck. No signs of leaks or things snapping so far.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 94 CC 4x4 in the last 2 weeks: Heating issues, so I pulled the original radiator out of my 94 Super Duty parts truck and had it rebuilt. Radiator guy said the Taiwan aluminum unit its replacing was was actually for a gasser. Also installed a ball valve in the heater core supply hose. Truck running cooler and A/C is cooling better.

Replaced both valve cover gaskets, so while I have the fuel filter and bracket off the passenger side I am also replacing the thermostat. (the one I took out had China wrote on it :mad:) Waiting on Oriellys to get the correct Motorcraft one in so I can put her back together.

Also mounted and plumbed my in bed aluminum toolbox/fuel tank combo which holds 55 gallons.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Yesterday, the tailgate bounced off its moorings, remained on by the cables and left side latch. I have to do a bit of welding and reinforcing to get her back in place for now. I have a creampuff bed in the works, will make a separate thread for that one. Tail-gateless for now.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Got the Skyjacker Add-a-leaf installed in the front. Took about 1 1/2hrs...sure like these leaf spring front ends compared to the TTB's on my Bronco and F150. Got about 1.5" of lift out of it, truck sits nice.
I was hesitant to do the Add-a-leaf as everyone complained about the ride quality. But as for cost and simplicity sake I figured what the heck...well I can say I'm much happier with the ride and handling. Way less body roll and the truck seems a lot tighter rolling down the road. Best part is now I've got room for some 35's :)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
On my way back from Buffalo, NY. Picked up a new toy to help bring the yard down to size, John Deere 400, 20hp Kohler, 60" deck with hydraulic lift, electric PTO and a driveshaft to drive it. Tractor itself is 975lbs.

Put 1000 miles on 'er in the past 24 hours, ran great, we will see what the mileage was tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMAG1087.jpg
    IMAG1087.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG1086.jpg
    IMAG1086.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my drivers door put back together and back on the road. The first step of my stereo install. Hush matted the innner and outer door skins and installed my MB Quart Tweeter and Mid. Had to do a little custom Super Glue work to salvage my master PW switch as like most, one screw of the two had shattered one side of the bezel and connection board. The passenger side should go much better now that I have a blueprint to work from. Should have been a 2 or 3 hour job, took me days, but what a great feeling buttoning the first side up and backing it out of the shop.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Found a Warn Classic bumper on Craigslist, sandblasted it and Leeland a member on here shot it for me. Now I need to find a winch...

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online