So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugged some coolant ports and started throwing the engine back together last night.

You must be registered for see images attach
Since you're getting to do some upgrades here, will your pretty red truck emerge from your super garage with a hand painted pinstripe as well?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to call you out too bad, but it is OSB, Oriented Strand board. OBS is a '90s Ford truck. LOL LOL

I hope the 90`s Fords hold up better than OBS Board when they get wet.

I always thought it strange they call the 90`s OBS trucks, when my 86 is older. They should call the 80 - 86 trucks NBS... New Body Style.
It was the new redesign body style from the Dent side Body`s made from 73 - 79.

Goat

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the plow off the truck today and took the truck for a ride. Last year I had electrical issues, transmission issues, leaking return line issues, leaking water pump issues, instrument cluster issues on my well maintained 30 year old pickup I bought new for $25,000. Issue by issue, with help from you folks I did the whack a mole and corrected each problem.
For S's & G's I looked at new diesel pickups online yesterday. GM had a few, our local Ford dealer, a busy one too, had plenty of 7.3 engines in pickups but they were all gasoline engines. Not a single diesel Ford on the lot.
The federal government destroyed diesel fueled pickups and even tractors with the emissions requirements which made pickups and homeowner tractors both expensive and unreliable.
My ride today was flawless. The transmission shifted properly, the OD light stayed off, the instrument cluster worked as it should. If I want to buy plywood I can and still close the tailgate with the plywood inside.
How did things ever get this screwed up???

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
86 Jetta with a 1.6 turbo idi
As much as I really don't want any more vehicles, I'd kinda like to score something like that or a Benz from the 80s to do my WMO in. I don't mind driving a crew cab dually everywhere but sometimes I'd like a car for manuvrability sake.

chickenpot

Reaction score
86, was that before all the smog/emissions garbage on the VW`s?

Nice trailer, is it aluminum? and tilt?

Goat
Im not totally sure, but i cant imagine there is any kind of emissions system on this. I will probably straight pipe it anyway.

Not my trailer unfortunately i borrowed it, but yes aluminum with tilt and a winch. Never loaded a vehicle so easily
As much as I really don't want any more vehicles, I'd kinda like to score something like that or a Benz from the 80s to do my WMO in. I don't mind driving a crew cab dually everywhere but sometimes I'd like a car for manuvrability sake.
Another vehicle was on the short lift of "last things i need" but i just had a hair to grab this one, for the specific reason you mentioned. I love driving the dually on WVO everywhere, but it would just be nice to have a small car that also burns waste oil. I'm extremely invested in the waste oil fuel infrastructure at this point and it only makes sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86