So what did you do with your truck today?

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a little bit of a story...

I installed two carr hoop steps to make life easier for my fiancée in the coming years and had to drill some holes in order to do so. While drilling one of the holes I nicked a wire by the driver's door... Didn't think it'd be too important and would fix it later if it was a problem... Also had the truck scheduled at the garage to get two wheels changed because the bolt holes were cracking.. Figured while they were at it, might as well get them rotated front to back. Went to drive the truck in and it went into limp mode! Never had any issues before but now the OD light was flashing, speedo wasn't reading, very hard shifting, and to top it off my radio and dome light wasn't working... Based on that information I bet many of you already know the problem. It was dark though, and I didn't have time to check anything and left a note describing the symptoms and suggested maybe fuse or wire I poked with my bit...
Yesterday they said they weren't sure what was wrong with it. Today they said they soldered the wire and that fixed it. Got dropped off and got in the truck to leave... still in limp mode and still no radio. :mad: took it home and checked the owners manual. Pulled the fuse for the radio, dome light, and speedo memory. Burnt. Swapped with the cig lighter fuse. And everything works fine!
That thing was starting to stress me out... I'm getting married this weekend and the IDI is the getaway vehicle which I also need it to transport some import decorations. The venue is out of town and I have to leave tomorrow. When I got it back like that I was starting to get worried. Now, on one hand, I'm very thankful in the end it was something simple I could EASILY figure out. On the other, I'm quite disappointed that this mechanic was unable to find such a simple problem. cookoo

Lesson learned; don't forget to check the simple things!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just been hauling heavy loads of fresh cut red oak with truck and dump trailer loaded and smiling like a boss with the moose pump as she pulls effortlessly.;Sweet

imagine pressing harder on the skinny mid hill,not because you want to actually go any faster but just to see how much more she has........fun stuff.LOL

im 0% smoke out the pipe while hauling or towing fyi.she just spools and goes.torquey sob.

Last edited:

gandalf

Reaction score
attachment.php

Yes Sir. A wonderful institution.

Attachments

• Marriage.jpg
    Marriage.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 209

gandalf

Reaction score
The really good news is she loves the IDI too and doesn't mind me spending a little time and money on it to keep it around! And she's more of a saver, not a spender.. ;Sweet

Sounds like you found a keeper. My congratulations to you, and I wish the young lady all the happiness she can handle. ;Sweet

Pianoman

Reaction score
PO said he finally met somebody as crazy as he is....

A little late... i moved a few projects to my Dad's place back in June. We're splitting the work on some spec jobs (piano restoration). Berkeley CA to Cincinnati OH.
IDIoit said he would help me out, gotta build a little more speed for the next trip. I'm new to IDIs, happy to report 7500 miles never stranded, nearly all of it cross country driving. Maybe I'm a dummy, but not much will stop one of these once you're rolling.....
Saw the PO for this truck while I was there, he said he finally met someone as crazy as he is....
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 28
  • pianotruck.jpg
    pianotruck.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a topper for a C Note.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The dome light and the power for the E4OD trans both come off the same fuse.. Real bad idea there Ford. On the crew cabs the dome light screws stick up thru the switch and if children play on the long roof of the crew cab they sure will push the metal roof down till it contacts one of these screws. That blows the fuse and you limp home too. Easy fix is keep children off the top of the crew cab or.. Remove the screws and grind off a little bit of them. Now kids can play on the top of the truck and no blown fuses...

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Cut away some rot until it just got to be too much. Looking for a new cab and how to swap them. Shouldn't be any legal issues as long as I also swap the door stickers and dash which I'm going to do anyway.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck on its first trip pulling my little rv trailer after having switched over to manual fuel selector valves and replacing ball joints and doing my own alignment. It ran great. Now if I can get my warning dinger to work when the lights get left on, it will be functionally excellent. Then its time for new paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726