So what did you do with your truck today?

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Man that is one mean looking chipper. Guess you need it for oak. Wish I had that load of firewood, with the lodgepole pine I burn you'd need 5 loads like that for the same btu's. Thanks for sharing the pics.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had time to deal with a rust spot on the drivers front door where the weather stripping starts and ends. I adjusted my fipl sensor seemed to help, and i managed to find a original vss from a 96 f150, and install it, which fixed my bouncy speedometer. The new vss you can buy at the store just doesnt seem to work quite as well as the old ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got an alignment done (On the PSD) it was kinda left sided!

I also installed the OEM replacement steering shock/damper. The original one was missing.

Pulling the trailer should involve a little less of the shoveling out the shorts this year!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new bumper will have those in it from LMC. Keep us posted on how you like them.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled rear tank for the second time since installing it 3 weeks ago. ******** the PO didn't want to deal with it. Leaking again from the sending unit and the fuel gauge stopped working when I pulled it out the first time. Hmmm.... wonder why ******** didn't want to deal with it? :dunno When I got it down and pulled out the sender I found the plastic cover of the sender was off and the wire was disconnected. Must have taken a shot at some point. No idea how that might have happened....:backoff Spent 2 hours the other day testing wiring and rewiring the plug pretty much for nothin'. At least I get paid for my labor time. Oh wait, that's right I'm the boss. I don't make **** for fixin' my work truck. Damn I was lookin' forward to that paycheck! Anyway, soldered it, re-soldered the brass float that was filling up with diesel again. bought new sending unit gasket and ring, pulled and reinstalled the breather as well because it was also leaking. The Good News? Fuel gauge works. The Bad News? No money to fill the tank and test the sending unit seal.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put those felt rings on the battery terminals... Dunno if they will help or not, but they were cheap and worth a try. Petro Jelly to seal everything up. Started dismantling the wiring rat's nest over my feet. P.O ran a gauge cluster on the cab support. 2 black face gauges and one white. Looks awesome:rolleyes: Why yes, that WAS a pile of sarcasm I just left on your doorstep! He used speaker wire to tie in the cab light and the EGT gauge along with as many scraps of wire he could find to jam into one 10 gauge butt connector ;Sweet Thought it was odd, but all engine belts were loose. Not just one, every one. Tightened them up. Gettin' there!

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The devil is sure in the details, isn't it?

Boy, you said it. It is frustrating at times and sometimes it just plain old ****** me off, but in the end I feel good that I took something that wasn't right and I made it right. Even if it took me 3 tries ;p

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today, I attempted to touch up some spots where the paint is peeling. I purchased some touch up paint from www.automotivetouchup.com/. The paint itself matches decently. My main purpose in doing this was to keep the spots where bare metal is exposed from rusting. My painting skill are subpar and the job I did does not look too good. Hopefully in a year or so I can afford a full paint job, something that my truck will be worth of.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up to 4-7" of snow this morning. And of course my sons basketball game didn't get cancelled. Wife says looks like we are driving the truck today! So I went out around 9 am to see if it will start..started right up then died. was able to restart it one more time then nothing.. First thing I thought of was gelled fuel since I haven't bought diesel since November and probably got summer blend.. Went to the store and bought some Diesel 911 pulled the fuel filter off and put some in there as well, tried to start the truck a few times no dice!. The wife started here Kia to let it warm up. I was like got to try it one more time (2 hours later) she comes alive. Wife says were taking the Kia since we know it will start.. :mad: I had to get out to push it out of our neighborhood (I was not happy camper) Her vehicle is so terrible on snow it's pathetic. We got home my truck fired right up again.

Now that I'm done ranting I spent 2 hours trying to get my truck to run. I guess I need to make sure to put additive in during cold months. lesson learned!!

turbodidi

Reaction score
My buddy and his PS had to come to rescue, at least it was a Ford. ;Sweet

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
My new bumper will have those in it from LMC. Keep us posted on how you like them.

I love um but the ice and stuff messed up the connection on one so I've got one till it warms up alittle bit so I can wash it

They were 60 bucks shipped on eBay for the pair.i can't wait for a 40 inch in my bumper and a 50 on my roof
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7