so wednesday was the last straw i guess

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
hot dayum...... thats called twisted round a tree! Those pics do it justice compared to the 1st pics you posted up of the truck sitting there...... wow..... glad you're okay though!

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only ever fallen asleep while driving once, and, just a coincidence, it was in my Super Duty(which was 6 speed to boot)... Woke up on the wrong side of the road going into a corner... That was the last time I went anywhere other than to bed on my first day off after night shift... I do not miss shift work...

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Everyone here has said it before but I too am glad your ok. Damn, I have seen a few wrecks and that is up there.

I totaled a cavalier after falling asleep driving, somehow I passed out doing 75 down the interstate after a going away party for a buddy going to the sandbox (irag, he is an army ranger), I got the car backwards and ran it down a guardrail, I looked almost as bad as you did but only took 3 stitches to plug the hole.

I drive a lot slower now and I keep a better watch on when to say when. I got a feeling the next time I put myself in that circumstance I will be in for the long dirt nap.

Take it easy and heal, take a little time to reflect and learn from it. Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity. Thats straight from my father.

Best wishes,
R. Justin
punkmechanic/ diesel tech/ diesel punk

tractorman86

Reaction score
I have only ever fallen asleep while driving once, and, just a coincidence, it was in my Super Duty(which was 6 speed to boot)... Woke up on the wrong side of the road going into a corner... That was the last time I went anywhere other than to bed on my first day off after night shift... I do not miss shift work...

it is the trucks fault they are just too comfortable!!!!!:rotflmao yea i dont think i will EVER fall asleep driving again, even if i have to get out and walk around or what ever it takes. and thanks sam and punkmechanic

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey tractormanj86 I am glad you are alright, you might bow down and thank the man above that you walked away from that one. I used to facilitate an emergency transport out of a hospital here as a basic EMT first provider. I have seen some pretty awful wrecks and yours rates as one of the worst I have seen not to be on the scene. I wish you a speedy recovery, use time for reflection the job will always be waiting for you when you get back. I once went to a wreck, the young man 17 year old dead at the scene rollover fell asleep car was where his head should have been. Be careful on recovery, you will be more cautious when you drive after this so take it slow this will take time to heal psychologically. gsgIDI

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
One trick I use is to listen to talk radio(weird, considering that a lot of people find it boring). But it actually gets your brain to think about the subject matter, and helps keep you awake.

tractorman86

Reaction score
One trick I use is to listen to talk radio(weird, considering that a lot of people find it boring). But it actually gets your brain to think about the subject matter, and helps keep you awake.

thanks again everyone! thats actually a good idea...and by the way i love the pic of the duke in your sig!!!good message

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

I did that in my snow plowing days. Find the shows that get you-cuss .

worked very well.:rotflmao

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I did that in my snow plowing days. Find the shows that get you-cuss .

worked very well.:rotflmao

LOL Thats what I do sometimes when I get real tired combining. Turn on like Rush or the Savage nation or something (they dont get me mad, its all the stuff they talk about and I agree with that gets me mad)....good stuff ;Sweet.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity. Also because I agree with them. Plus, Beck is hilarious by the way, great sense of humor.

tractorman86

Reaction score
yea they are all pretty good. hey 92f350 what town are you in? i think us guys in the south west need to put togather a ralley of our own.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I'm never in one place for more than 2 or 3 days really. My work schedule has been really busy the past couple of years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online