So Reman A/C Compressor shot?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
The grit is the dessicant. It like sand and is contained in a bag.the bag broke and ran the dessicant through your compressor.thats where the metal came from

If I find grit on suction side of pump I'll believe that. If this did happen, is that just random chance or could it be avoided somehow?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Man, so got the system all taken apart and am in the process of flushing. For whatever reason the rear evaporator is chock FULL of crap. When i opened it up there was grit and shards everywhere. I have been flushing this thing for about 6 hours with water and STILL metal shards are coming out. After 2 hours of doing by hand i now just have the water hose blasting it by itself. Every time i go and fill a bucket with the water, metal shards are still evident. I even checked my water supply as i started suspecting the shards were coming from my city water supply, but no, its perfectly clean. I almost suspect that this whole ordeal might have somehow started with shards that came in this evap. I mean how the hell can they still be coming out after 6 hours and thousands of gallons of flushing?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Started with ac flush but ran out, just water now. Didnt expect it to take 6+ hours

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I suppose thats cheaper than AC flush. So long as you finish with some ac flush or brake clean or something and compressed air. Not ideal by any means. Parts washer and solvent would be better yet. Best thing would just be a new evaporator.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe build a recirculation system that has a Filter and run solvent.
I don't know, just a wacky idea. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I plan to flush with solvent and air very thoroughly, the recirculation idea isnt bad... Would have to find some sort of small pump that wasnt harmed by ac flush. I am installing several inline filters with pretty small screens, however the pieces i keep finding are small than the screen i believe.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, you would have to be in the smaller micron range.
I would use the cheapest electric pump can find. Like the Mr gasket ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You generally don't want water in an AC system. It causes extreme corrosion.you need to find a way to get it all out.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
You generally don't want water in an AC system. It causes extreme corrosion.you need to find a way to get it all out.

I also found out grit and metal shards also cause extreme issues too. Right now id rather battle water than metal and grit. I have 99% isopropyl i can dump in the evaps if i cant get the water out with flush and air.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
So... I think I found the source of all my endless metal pieces. To make a long story short, they were coming from the flush canister! Everytime I'd unscrew the top to pour in more flush the brass fitting was cutting the aluminum flush bottle threads. So hence, endless metal showing up. After cleaning everything out i devised a new way to get flush in, use the vacuum pump to pull it into the flush bottle. I think i probably destroyed my vacuum pump though as i accidently got some flush in it. Anyway, now im flushing the system by reusing the same flush over and over by filtering it. I've got it down to almost perfectly clean, probably a couple more days to get it perfect though. If my bottle has been doing this all along that's probably what took out my new pump too.

So beware of the flush bottle if you ever use one! It's like being betrayed by your best friend who is supposed to be helping you, but then BAM, stabbed in the back!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hopefully a long deep vacuum pull with get most of it out. I would leave it on there 24 hours and see what happens.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Change the oil in your vacuum pump if you think you got any flush in it.

Yeah, i did. Now i need a micron gauge to see how much vacuum it is still pulling. I've been wanting to get a 2 stage pump anyway :O

Plan will be like last time, pull the vacuum and hold it for several days, then flush the system with dry nitrogen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online