So ATS shipped my...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...brand new Aurora 2000 turbo kit today. If all goes well, I'll have it installed next weekend. :peelout :peelout

My current 088 Turbo kit needs a rebuild, I think, because it's spitting oil out of the compressor housing. It doesn't leak much, but enough that it caught my attention. I'm planning on selling that kit, complete, to offset some of the cost of the new one. Anybody want to suggest what it might be worth, both needing a rebuild, and if I had it rebuilt and then sold it? I have EVERYTHING for the kit, including a barely used K&N for the ATS airbox AND extra grommets for the valley pan.

Ryan

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local guy here in Portland on Craigslist has a very complete Banks kit that has a newly rebuilt turbo with everything and he is asking $900. You can do a quick search on Ebay and see what they typically sell for as a good reference.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So why is the ATS turbo call "Aurora" now? What's different than the "old" wastegate kit that was used on the Factory turbo IDI?:dunno

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So why is the ATS turbo call "Aurora" now? What's different than the "old" wastegate kit that was used on the Factory turbo IDI?:dunno

Heath
the company changed hands a few years back and the new owners want to emphasize their "new" offerings. I only heard of one other person on this board who put the new style turbo on their IDI, but he has disappeared since he debugged his install.
mankypro; said:
Yipes, that was like $2,200.00 simoleans! Yeeehaw I finally found someone crazier than I am about tossing money at my IDI!
what's really crazy is those who are super tightfisted on spending any money on their IDI, beat the living snot out of their truck, and ***** that it won't perform as well as a PSD. They then turn around and buy a PSD and open the financial floodgates on the mods that cost as much or more than the truck....:dunnocookoocookoo

Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I was just down at ATI this morning picking up the mysterious fuel injector line and other goodies related to the fuel stuff. They have all their turbo's on display - it's a very cool waiting area - almost like a club with a huge 48" gas plasma, foosball table, lots of old time video games etc. Very comfy leather couches :) Really a "guy's" waiting room. If I didn't have my kids with me I would've sat down and drunk a cup 'o joe and watched the olympics for a while. Very inviting. In any case the Aurora is a bigger unit from what I can tell.

I must say that the waterboy h20 injection system is peeking my interest now :) (I know I'm insane) - but it'll be next summer before I can afford to toss more money at the truck.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything arrived today. I'll post pics tomorrow of the goodies. I'm waiting on a few parts from Ford, which won't be in until next week, and then I can start the installation.

I'm not sure I'll even use the valve cover and airbox supplied with the kit- IF I can keep my current open element air filter setup. We'll see...

Ryan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online