Sludge on Lift pump.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's where the glow plug wires go on the relay. And that black wire is the ground for the controller.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do need a good ground on the thread area to work... hanging three out will cause short cycling of the relay, as you said.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the rest of the three need to be installed in order to heat up all of them? The two closet to the turbo are a pain to get to lol.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. That all have to be installd and properly wired and grounded for the relay to operate properly.

I dealt with a twitchy relay for a long time, then I just wired a manual switch to burn the GP's

I do understand the desire for the system to operate properly as ford designed it. Finish installing them and I bet you will have good Results. Also, the clicking after they burn is normal, it is still keeping the plugs hot. Emissions thing to make sure you get a complete burn until the cylinders get some heat in them.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright installing the rest of them now have one more to go but its under the turbo. Its a btch to get to. Keep y'all posted.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the last glow plug in. Solved my clicking issue. Tried to crank over truck but batteries were dying. Thanks y'all.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woooooooooo!!!! Got the truck up and running. Hooked up the block heater gave it a few cranks and she fired right on up. Only issue now is oil is leaking from where my BB block off plate is.? I was reading that the block may need some grinding to make it sit flush? Thank you all.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my electric fuel pump thread in tech section that's covered you grind the plate not the block BTW

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So right there where the rubber line is coming from the FSV going into the steel fuel line? How did u get the hose off the steel line? Mine is stuck on and they also need to be replaced. Also for the steel line, did u use a dremel to cut a section out?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418254785021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418254785021.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 28

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just cut it. I would use a dedicated tube cutter.
But recon a Dremel would would, just make it jagged though.

Why do you think that section needs replaced?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance