Sludge on Lift pump.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes if you have more than one glow plug out the wait to start light will go out fastd, a clicking glow relay is telling you there is a fault in the system somewhere. I would suggest taking out one glow plug and checking the brand on it, unless the previous owner said he replaced them with beru/Motorcraft glow plugs.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang....alright I'll check them. What's special about the mentioned glow plugs? Sorry I'm new to diesels lol.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any glow plug brand besides beru/motorcraft and accurate diesel glow plugs have been known to at some point to swell, get stuck or break off into the head and it's nearly impossible to remove them without pulling the heads.

I would definitely pull all the glow plugs because one autolite is almost guaranteed to get stuck.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I thought the click after the long cycle was normal? At least i thought that's what was said.
Were you for sure getting fuel out the injector hard lines?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your GP's click, i would crank it for 3-5 seconds, hit the schrader valve on your fuel filter, repeat until you get fuel. a very small blast of eather while cranking will usually get it to light off.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading on the forum that someone had a glow plug stuck. He had to carefully drill it out before it fell in the hole. Hope that's not the case for me

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eather aka starting fluid, aka diesel liquid crack.
a short blast down the intake. ive only done it while cranking.

do you have Diesl fuel at the fuel filter? there is a schrader valve to evac unwanted air.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha....I had my gf hold down the Schrader valve while the e pump was going and it shot out a stream of diesel. I also had the e pump going when I tried to start the truck and her pressing in the Schrader valve.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make 100% sure the plugs are cold or disabled before huffing ether.

There are still a couple issues at hand here... old mech pump died, did it dump diesel into the crankcase? Is your crankcase full of milkshake goo?

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the previous owner had put biodiesel in the tanks awhile ago so idk if the fuel is still patient enough to fire. I was gonna get truck running first before I got the sludge out. But it probably would be best to go ahead a do it. It jus had one according to the previous owner.

IDIn_It

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
drained oil and this is coming out....sludge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance