Slow To Start First Time....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When I go to start my truck it takes about 5 seconds of cranking to start... No ruff running or smoke either. This is not the morm for me... Usually I start by the first 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the motor. The glow cycle has not changed at all. Its the solid state system... No pushbutton. My entire fuel system is dry... Thanks are full and the filter housing it tight. I have 4 lbs on the system when running or cranking. Thats the Holley red pump. I'm missing something... Just can't find it. I just installed new BB code injector and a new return line system. The moose pump is working fine too. All I have done to the fuel system is turn down the fuel. I'm surgically clean when I do this. White plastic surgical gloves... Brake clean on the cover before I remove it. Then brake clean on the 5/32 allen wrench before I place it into the pump. I don't wipe it dry but do blow on it till I see it drying. No spit either...:D The cover gets cleaned with brake clean and not touched with anything. Just air drys. Then it gets back together.... Can a return line leaking down draw down the fuel side of the injectors.... Maybe the return line drop in the tanks has fallen off and its creating a suction on the system darwing fuel back into the tanks.... I'm at a loss....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... The cranking speed is plenty fast. I have a gear reduction starter... You can not count the revolutions it makes when its starting.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks razor... I will be trying that tomorrow.... But I wont be sitting in the truck with that ********* widow under my seat.... Just makes me sick thinking about it... A mud daulber wasp eats them and thats not in the picture... Darn things can live as long as 3 friggen years... I have no idea how old this one is either. I need to find the body or the live spider or I'm going to go crazy looking for it... They also store male ***** in there body so they don't have to mate often. I don't want to think about how many eggs they lay in each sac... They can lay many egg sacs all year long too.....

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use a jumper and see if you get a click on them, i did that today to help speed the line bleeding today when i put my new ip on. seemed to work.

and i hate spiders, a white hot hate.. put a sticky trap out with..something a spider would like and see if that gets it.

Black dawg

Reaction score
my current injection pump acts just like that after turning the fuel down.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks razor... I will be trying that tomorrow.... But I wont be sitting in the truck with that ********* widow under my seat.... Just makes me sick thinking about it... A mud daulber wasp eats them and thats not in the picture... Darn things can live as long as 3 friggen years... I have no idea how old this one is either. I need to find the body or the live spider or I'm going to go crazy looking for it... They also store male ***** in there body so they don't have to mate often. I don't want to think about how many eggs they lay in each sac... They can lay many egg sacs all year long too.....

Sounds like you've been doing some black widow research.
Just put one them raid smoke bombs in there and your worrys will be over.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
put a 3 Liter bottle of Tannerite in the cab.Nothing will survive inside or outside within 10 feet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Truck got a Raid smoke bomb yesterday... Its airing out today... Nothing found like a dead body of that spider... Not a good feeling either... The FSS works fine... I tested that yesterday. I hear the click and did it several times just to make sure...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really had a tuff time starting today. Needed 4 attemps with around 5 seconds of cranking. Fuel pressure is 4 lbs and the glow cycle is the same, maybe just a bit longer... I'm thinking tomorrow it wont start at all. Something is going bad and I have no idea... Maybe the plugs all started to fail...:dunno Those will be pulled and tested next week...

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
sounds sorta like my truck, first start of the day sometimes it fires up first time it rolls over and sometimes it takes 5 seconds of cranking and everything is exactly the same.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Somewhere I'm getting a fuel leak down... Nothing is wet. It doesn't matter if I'm on the front tank or the rear tank.. Both have plenty of fuel and they both have the suction modes with the hose added on. I don't run anything but diesel and Stanadyne Performance formula in every tank... Why would turning down the fuel cause this...:dunno