single cab sound system

tractorman86

Reaction score
I have 3 10w0 jlaudio 10s behind my seat powered by a phosgate bd1001 (1000watt rms) Alpine component door speakers and an Alpine head unit and it sounds great. I do have a little more amp than the subs can handle but that is a good thing, you always want a bigger amp turned down rather than a smaller amp turned up.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
watch out when mounting the amp to the sub... The vibrations will wreak havoc. I mounted my amp under the seat but I plan on moving it to behind the seat against the shag junkLOL

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 8" Bazooka powered sub since I want to have room behind the seat for other stuff too. Even though I'm tall, I don't mind the seat not being back all the way.

Tyrod

Reaction score
i have 4 12's kenwoods and a JBL 600 watt amp pushing them, turned up it pushed the front glass off my truck with the air flow. So that 500 watt might not do them subs too bad. And i would think some Kenwood shallowmount 10 inch subs or mabey one 12 inch shallowmount would be great for that truck

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
ok, made up my mind.
got 2 Alpine 750W 10" subs 4-Ohm
Kenwood 500W, 4 channel, 4-Ohm amp, bridged to 2-ohm, 2 channel (no clue on bridged wattage yet)
Sony X-Plod headunit
replaced the door speakers with 2, Bolt 180W 6.5" full range speakers
and a 2 farad capacitor (undecided on brand, didnt buy it yet)

lets just hope that the system and my sliding rear window play nice together :D

Last edited:

Tyrod

Reaction score
what type alpines are they? and for the subs your going to want a mono type amplifier, not to sure on sound quality with the 4 channel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online