single cab sound system

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
wondering how i could mount 2 10" subs and a 500 watt amp (needs constant airflow) behind my seat (amp will be under seat). if you have pics of a box that will fit or how you modded it to fit. all i need is a box design, i also want to still be able to put a bottle jack, 4 way, and jack handle behind the seat. thanks

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go bucket seats,you will have a whole lot more room, like bucket seats out of a mustang, also with a sound system like that wby have a rattle like a jack, mount the jack and stuff under the hood.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
unless there very low RMS wattage speakers a 500 watt amp is not going to push them very well. the mininum a 10" sub SHOULD be rated at 200-300 RMS watts each. the minimun a 500 watt amp SHOULD be rated at is 150-300 RMS watts. For some cheap walmart subs and amp that will probably be ok as there not going to be very powerful anyways.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i run the 50 dollar 10" pioneer subs,30.00 truck boxes and a pioneer 900 watt amp,pioneer head unit,pioneer 3 and 4 way 220 watt door speakers in everything.its not too much or too little.if set up right theyre perfect.good hard bass hits but not enough to rattle every panel on the vehicle.aint nothing worse than hearing the license plates rattle.

if setup right in a single cab truck you can keep the stock door speakers and itll be plenty loud.i have my setup in a friends truck right now with pioneer dash speakers and stock speakers in the rear corners.its perfect.plenty of bass and plenty highs.i get complimented all the time on my stereos.no need to spend tons of money on a system.my systems cost me around a grand for everything.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
well my door speakers are blown so im going to replace them with some thing similar so i can get some high not just all low. id like to keep the bench seat though

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine behind the seat ill ahve to take a pic, i think its a 12" rockford fosgate punch xlc and it fits behind the bench seat jsut fine, and i still got room for other stuff like my fire extinguisher and first aid :thumbsup:

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
yea i dont want to go bigger than 10" because then they hit too slow for my liking and kind of music. for rap and big boom stuff there fine cause they have like 1 hit each 30 sec but for country and rock they hit too slow to keep up with the music so it is just one big drawn out annoying racket. although 12 may work just nothing bigger

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
k got the box figured out so now what all do i need? amp, speakers, and what all else? what do yins think are the best for pumping bass with 10" speakers. tell me the brands and what to look for. links and pics would be great. oh and the truck will be mudded

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not that 12s or bigger hit slow,theyre floppy.i never had a set that hit hard enough for me.10s are perfect for me.i listen to a wide variety of music including old country.everything sounds perfect on my systems.

what are you running for a head unit?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 12 works great, and I listen to rock mostly and some country... not rap. one song i like alot has streaks of bass hitting 32nd notes at 160 bpm.

should be nice to see how it does with a bigger amp to play with ;Really

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 12 works great, and I listen to rock mostly and some country... not rap. one song i like alot has streaks of bass hitting 32nd notes at 160 bpm.

should be nice to see how it does with a bigger amp to play with ;Really

its all in what works for you and what you like.my setups make people laugh cuz i can make a full cup of coffee dance and jump outta my cup holders.can shake things off shelves if i want to.my mom used to yell at me all the time for knocking the whole shelf off the wall above the tv :rotflmao:rotflmao and yes i did it just to **** her off for something to do :angel::angel:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing i highly recomend is a decent head unit!run what you want but make sure its a decent one.i love the pioneers because of all the things you can play with for adjustments.one thing i really like is the built in high pass filter.kills the bass to the four regular speakers so you end up with nice highs without an amp.

this is what im running.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEH-390...r_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item2a0c5f04e7

this amp is a hair bigger than what i have.but ill be upgrading to this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-KAC7203...8740987?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1c17d246fb

my subs are the 500 watt,but ill be upgrading to these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-10-TS-W...Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5195866bc7

box

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-REG-CAB-TRUC...881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2c8fcfd1

highly recomend a capacitor at least 1 farad.i set 3 alternators on fire till i installed one

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-PYRAMID-...000?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae863650

door speakers.they can be bought in the correct size for your truck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...air)/9197086.p?id=1218056225571&skuId=9197086

for the corners behind the seat.these 2 come in the correct size for your truck

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...air)/8760566.p?id=1202650465965&skuId=8760566

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
k now who wants to build it for me:thumbsup:i think i can fid some one who know a little about this stuff (my cuz won a few sound competions:sly). right now i have the stock headunit

Last edited:

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
You can put the 92-97 rear speakers in your truck just to put more in the cab and have a clean look. I did this to my 91.

This plus your subs should sound nice.

Notice my 12's :D
You must be registered for see images attach

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I will never install an amp underneath the seat ever again. I installed a 1000 watt amp with dual fans under the seat of my brothers dodge and the foam from the seat fell onto the amp and actually started a fire... and yes I am positive it was not the wires arcing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online