show off your IDI

philadelphia

Reaction score
Have a set of 22.5s milled down to 22" and then there should be plenty of tire options to keep the same/or close to the same overall diameter ;) double check you have width clearance with the frame- a set of 22.5s is fairly wide

If i was going for looks id do that but id loose all kinds of load rating with 22" car tires.

there are some good looking pickups in here..

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yep the tach doesnt work..she's a beater. i had my fill of shiny trucks i couldnt bang up...this one takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. it's my snow plow/firewood/mobile dumpster trusty rusty toy.:cheers:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
yep the tach doesnt work..she's a beater. i had my fill of shiny trucks i couldnt bang up...this one takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. it's my snow plow/firewood/mobile dumpster trusty rusty toy.:cheers:

I hear you ;Sweet. I need a beater real bad...something to just thrash and not care about :D

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
in the second video was your foot in the floor

no. it was 2/3 throttle or so...any more just make more noise and smoke (i'm not a smoke lover)

she ***** and gits ok for an N/A. (if you call 13 sec. 0-60 "ok") that was empty on level ground in the second vid.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
no. it was 2/3 throttle or so...any more just make more noise and smoke (i'm not a smoke lover)

she ***** and gits ok for an N/A. (if you call 13 sec. 0-60 "ok") that was empty on level ground in the second vid.

that seems to be like the one i just sold it would to a 0-60 in under 12 seconds and it was n/a, myself im a noise and smoke lover, i love black smoke and i love hearing these engines wind out but i guess thats why people call me crazy:dunno

88bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the second vid, does your temp usually sit right there? Mine barely clears the first line... Could that cause a problem??

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Cool Trucks......Here's my old one, no longer own it and the drivetrain is now in a 92 CC

You must be registered for see images attach

zpd307

Reaction score
In the second vid, does your temp usually sit right there? Mine barely clears the first line... Could that cause a problem??

my temp gauge sits on the o, in normal, all the time.
i should get some pics of my rusty beast one of these days. wait, its hard to get pics when its in the garage getting a new tranny!:rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the factory gauges on these trucks should be taken with a grain of salt. What may be a "normal" reading on one person's truck is not necessarily going to be the case on another person's truck. The best way to find out if your engine's running at operating temperature is to put a mechanical water temp gauge in, or remove the radiator cap before starting the engine cold, letting the engine get up to operating temperature with the cap off, and shooting the coolant with an infrared thermometer and see what the temp's doing.

That said, once you've verified that the engine's running at the right operating temperature, you can use the factory gauge as a baseline...and, if you see the gauge deviate, it almost certainly indicates trouble. But, really, the most reliable way is to have an aftermarket gauge in there.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score

yeah, that's about where all the gauges sit..but the only gauge i have any faith in is the speedometer.

the Warden hit it on the head.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Couple pics of my own

Great rigs you guys! ;Sweet

Here is a pic of my '94 and my '93. My '94 is the white one, which is my daily driver

Attachments

• truck pictures 084.jpg
    truck pictures 084.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 23
  • noname (4) (600 x 450).jpg
    noname (4) (600 x 450).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 12
  • noname (5) (600 x 450).jpg
    noname (5) (600 x 450).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 10
  • noname (6) (600 x 450).jpg
    noname (6) (600 x 450).jpg