Should I be worried? (exhaust close to oil pan)

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I had a local shop build me a new crossover pipe for my 088 ATS turbo. They did a great job however it is pretty close to my oil pan. The old pipe was even closer and it ran that way for years.. Should I be worried? There's always some residual oil on the pan---not a huge leak or anything just accumulation over time :dunno

That's a 1/4" drive extension:
You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll keep the oil burned off the rear of the pan. Really tho, that close shouldn't hurt.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not really a problem compared to stock. You can buy an insulation blanket from Banks and wire that on the pipe if it makes you feel better.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its still got the factory flares on the ends where it attaches to the manifold/up pipe, you may be able to loosen the collars and rock it back a little to increase that clearance. As I remember I had a similar issue with my old 088 system and was able to manipulate it a bit.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem. If it were mine I'd put a few coats of high temp paint on that pipe and wrap it though. Should help with both boost and keeping heat oil of oil. I'm OCD about that stuff though, probably not a big deal.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments ;Sweet I feel much better about it now.

Good call reklund, I tried to loosen it up and rock it back a bit but it starts to leak beyond where it sits now--dang it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online