Shops near memphis that can time moose pump

Teipsum

Reaction score
I recently had a series of unfortunate events. I had to replace a ton of parts culminating in a new moose junior pump! I will be installing it this weekend and was wondering if anybody knew of a shop that can time my engine once it starts up. I came around and can't seem to find a shop that takes my call or had a pulse/luminosity timing set up. The timing registry doesn't seem to have anybody near by either.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not close, but I am about 3 hours from downtown Memphis. Happy to help you out if you can get here.

mel makes a Great pump, and I want to help him help your truck!

Teipsum

Reaction score
Thanks! I will pm you once I get her running and if I can't find help a bit more locally. She could use a drive though, I took the opportunity to put on a dura lift, coolant filter, redid the brakes and put on new axle seals.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like you have it figured out. I might add something. If you can install the pump you sure can time this engine much easier that the install. Please remember those lines found on the pump and the gear cover really are not timing marks. They are marks but they really mean nothing like say this is 8.5 advance. They meant something from the factory and the original pump was on the engine. But now its just a mark. Every rebuilt pump or if you find a new pump is timed internally different from any other pump. Sad but true.
Now as far as Mel goes, you have the best rebuilder found anywhere. Mel and his pumps are now world famous. He sells to several foreign countries. I'm on my second Moose pump and looking forwards to the next one too. They are well built with only factory parts. None of that cheap ebay overseas stuff. Be cautious. There is a pump rebuilder thats tests a wrecking yard pump and if it can push fuel its painted and sold as rebuilt. Without naming the ebay seller of the state lets just say its in the pan handle.

Finally please do not remove the injection pump gear cover with the pump and gear connected. The gear timing usually is lost and its difficult to find it again.

Teipsum

Reaction score
Thanks Icanfixall. I already have the pump of (without removing gear cover) and I am just waiting for new steel injection lines to arrive. I found one cracked one during the removal process. And yes, I am trying to find someone that can time it to 8.5 btdc but none of the local shops I contacted have the right timing tools.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some used lines in stock if you need them. Thanks for the accolades guys. Makes for a better day, since I had to spend the first part of it explaining to someone why I charge what I do and that I'm not trying to rip them off.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have some used lines in stock if you need them. Thanks for the accolades guys. Makes for a better day, since I had to spend the first part of it explaining to someone why I charge what I do and that I'm not trying to rip them off.

Now that funny as hell Mel.. You ripping someone off. Thats a hoot for sure. I guess some customers feel they "need" a better deal no matter what the cost. You know you could have suggested they try the open market like DPS or pensano go diesel. Your truly an honest merchant Mel.
I just recieved a pm about another shop thats "not playing fair". I have no dealings with that shop but have recommended them to members. Well thats not going to happen any longer. I have been wondering bout them so this turns the corner for me. Business will change but to be unfair to others is not the business I will support.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thats the crap end of the stick in your profession. you must deal with complete morons that dont know jack,
in part its whats also wrong with this country " i can get a china part for cheaper!!!"
THEN GO BUY THE CHINA PART, WE WILL SEE YOU IN 6 MONTHS!!

the hardest part is keeping professional about it when you just wanna slap the SOB.

it would be alot easier if everyone said to the professor " im an idiot, could you please explain it to me?"

acceptance is the first step to recovery :D

Teipsum

Reaction score
Thanks Mel for the pump! I am sending the core back today. I got lucky and found a set of lines on eBay for 20.00 in supposedly used but good condition. I only need the line to number 2 cylinder so I should have a good chance.

Teipsum

Reaction score
Yup, still in Memphis tn. Was busy today, but I will install the IP tomorrow morning. Got the lines in the mail so hopefully it goes together smoothly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron