Shimming An Injecter

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am building a pop tester right now to have available to test my rebuilt injectors before I put them in an to test the old ones that come out. So if a inj is not leaking or spraying weird, but opening early, I should just shim it?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes is the short answer. Every 1 thousands shim makes 50 lbs pressure increase if your adding the shim. We can't find 1/2 thousands shims but if we could the pop pressures could be tighter between the set of 8. You will need a zero to one micrometer to know what you have so you can decide what you need to make a certain pressure. Keep everything really clean. Any dirt in the injecter ruins it. Makes sure there is diesel between the nozzle and the cover with the pin thru it.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I wasn't able to wait to find a pump before I installed my injectors because I had a bunch of smoke and raw fuel smell with hard starting. Put the PD rebuilds in this morning. Five of the old injectors were leaking so bad they were soaking wet after sitting all night and two had bubbles coming out of the pintle! I put the PD injectors in and a couple of caps are leaking getting a little air making it idle a little rough but man does it run better:)
You must be registered for see images attach

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
old injectors

BAD BAD BAD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members