Shifter Selector Indicator Broke

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.......got another one for ya. The little peg thing that moves over the gear your in when you move the shifter broke. Now when I'm in park it shows drive, and in drive it shows first. If you reach your finger in the bottom of the steering column by where it tilts, you can feel the cable thing and move it. When I first did this, the little plastic piece that broke came out. Asked the stealership and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Anyone have any ideas???????? As always, THANKS!!!!

Kevin

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
I had to replace the shifting arm last year, and their is a cable that loops over the steering column that attaches to the shifter arm. Take the covers off the steering column, and you'll probably see what is messed up.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Know what your talking about, do as wander suggest and take the column covers off and see what / where its broke you mite be able to glue / JB weld it back together, as for the stealership, **** on them they never seem to know what your talking about and they have the attitude of we know it all, if you cant fix it you mite try a wreaking yard, I have picked up things here and there for next to nothing on small parts like this

stay safe out there
Roy :draw