SFbayarea GTG anybody?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a hockey puck grill-off sometime before labor day weekend. Sat? Sun? I have access to a location this year that's near my shop and has shade.
thoughts?
anybody?

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as its not during the week, I could probably make it. Been off work since December, looking to go back to work in the next few weeks but my schedule would be Mon-Thurs 1500-0130.

Also couldn't guarantee I would have train horns on my latest rig.

its been a long time since the In and Out get together

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as its not during the week, I could probably make it. Been off work since December, looking to go back to work in the next few weeks but my schedule would be Mon-Thurs 1500-0130.

Also couldn't guarantee I would have train horns on my latest rig.

its been a long time since the In and Out get together
why the hell didn't you say something sooner? I would have got off my ass and put together something.:backoffthat fummins of yours would be a neat conversation item!
as far as the train horns, I have a protable version:thumbsup: not as loud as yours but then again, I don't have a bedload of cuties for you to scare so bad that they peed in their pants:D. You'll have to go to WA and find Denny for that task:D;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet
I'm going to be cooking so you better hope to god I'm sober:eek:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With enough of a warning, I could probably finagle a weekend day off, but Monday or Tuesday would be better for me...if a weekend day is best for everyone else, I would vote for sometime in early August...the more time I have to beg my boss for the time off, the better, and I think late August is going to be pretty busy...

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can do it at my place. Unless you really like hockey-puck burgers, I'm sure we can cook 'em a little softer. LOL Weekends are better for us. It looks like Towcat's busy until the last half of July.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those who speak up are this ones who set the base.
how about either the first or second weekend of Aug?
Monte is offering up his place as a gathering location. Much better idea than a shop. My suggestion is for a Sunday meet. his neighbors are going to love our parking spot hogs:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monte is offering up his place as a gathering location. Much better idea than a shop. My suggestion is for a Sunday meet. his neighbors are going to love our parking spot hogs:D
I guess that rules out getting my exhaust hooked up :D

Second Sunday in August at Monte's? Looks like that's the 10th...how does that work for other people? I can't give a definite "okay" until I've asked for and gotten the time off approved, but the quicker a date's set, the more likely I'll be able to make it...

I'm throwing the 10th out there as a suggestion; if others can't make that day and can make another day, I'm flexible. Personally, I'd prefer a Monday or a Tuesday, but I KNOW that won't work for just about anyone else...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
aug 3rd or 10th are now the choices. if you want to get your time off confirmed, we can go with either date unless someone else speaks up. I will put things on hold until you come back with what your boss has to say.

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting to see if the doctors are going to let me go back to work before I commit to anything. Funds could start getting scarce come next month.

brians

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I head to the house in Placerville on the 3th so I can't make it. Have a great time.

Brian

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am out on this one, still haven't got clearance to go back to work and truck insurance came due the same day my water heater decided it needed replacing.

hope you guys get together and have a good time

big jake

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Event Details confirmed for Aug. 3

I talked with Towcat on the phone yesterday. We agreed on two things:

1. The get-together will be on Aug 3.
2. It will be held at my house in Campbell starting at about 3pm.

RSVP by PM please with your name and number of people in your party. I will respond with address. It will be a barbeque. Attendees are encourage to help by bringing some food and/or drinks. (We know how much you guys can eat!)

Hope to see you there!

Monte

brians

Reaction score
Monte,

Would you mind dropping off any leftovers in Placerville. It's not really a very long drive. Your diesel will love the 6-hour round trip highway jaunt.

Brian