Seats

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I want to change out the bench seat in my 1993. I had a 1987 with captains chairs with dual armrests and a console that I really liked. If anyone has them let me know maybe we can make a deal. My truck is two tone brown but color don't matter I can always recover them. Also has anyone put a 40 20 40 (I think thats what they call them) from a 2000 up truck in an obs truck? The ones with 2 bucket seats and a jump seat with folding armrest that has cup holders in it. I was wondering how the brackets fit.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Over on Power Stroke Nation and Power Stroke Army there is a constant discussion on using newer seats in an OBS (92-97). Basically with some work to the mounts it will fit up. If you use OBS seats then std cab and crew cab plus crew cab rear have one mounting set up and the ext cab has another.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Yes you are correct. I have the same seat front and rear in my cc. The rear seat doesn't have the fabric back on it and the front has a ring bolted on to keep it from folding forward instead of the release that the rear has. But its the same seat. The rear even has a slider just like the front. Not sure why Ford ever thought that was necessary.