Sea Foam

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I just ran a fuel filter full of Sea Foam through my truck and no smoke. I would assume that means my injectors and pump are clean?

I wondered since everyone else has mentioned that running Sea Foam through has made plumes of black smoke and helped their engines.

I am wondering if the Biodiesel I have ran in the past is keeping it relatively clean.

Any thoughts?

Thad

Truck#3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend running straight seafoam since it has no lubricating properties its prolly better the mix it in them fuel tank. ive done it in the fuel filter once and put half atf in there. it cleans everything out good my truck ran way smoother

sassyrel

Reaction score
bio will clean out everything--just like ethanol first did to gas tanks when it came out--

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran some seafoam through an old diesel tractor recently that was gummed up and the person didn't want to spend any money on it. When I started working on it, it would stumble really bad at idle and had reduced power with a haze of smoke most of the time. It needed the injectors removed and cleaned as well as probably the injection pump cleaned and resealed. I removed both fuel filters and the strainer from the inlet on the injection pump and filled the new filters with seafoam and put everything back together, I cleaned the strainer and replaced it. The tractor cranked up rough and was smoking and coughing pretty strong so I had to run the RPMs up to 1500 to smooth it out, after a few minutes the tractor was up to temp, I took it down the road and climbed a big hill in road gear and the tractor ran better then ever, when I got it back to the persons house it was smooth and had a good clean idle with no haze. The longer the tractor ran the better it seemed to get, I talked to the person a week or so ago and they said it runs like a new tractor and they couldn't be happier. Sometimes a good cheap option works out great, it would have cost them much more to have the injectors and pump cleaned or worse yet rebuilt. I was really please with it as well, I have never seen such a drastic turn around from anything like this before, I used seafoam before in gas engines and never had this big of a turn around but it really worked well in this old tractor.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I think the bioD was greating in helping keep things clean.....Sea Foam proved that my internals are good to go....

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just recently started using B-05 in my truck (all that is available near me). It makes the thing run smoother and the clatter isn't as sharp. I like it.
Travis..

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I have used all the way up to B99.

Ditto on the noise canceling effect of bioD.

Thad