Sanity check: fan shroud to lower rad hose clearance

Reaction score
So, if you've seen any of my threads in the last couple of weeks, you may know that I'm currently struggling through all things fun dealing with a radiator swap. Long story short, I have it all buttoned up and am ready to drop coolant in, but I'm concerned about the clearance between the fan shroud and the lower rad hose. The shroud is just barely rubbing up against the hose where it makes the turn and heads up to the water pump. Doesn't seem right, but I honestly cannot remember.

So, can someone check their setup and let me know how much room, roughly, you have between the shroud and the hose? Also, on the lower corner (passenger side), does the plastic fan shroud sit inside or outside the radiator support? Mine is sitting outside, and it seems right. But overall, it seems like the shroud sits too far out from the backside of the radiator.

My plan is to take a file to the mounting holes on the shroud and widen them horizontally so that the shroud will want to sit a bit more flush to the radiator. It seems like it may be bowed out a bit. I can push on the shroud and get some breathing room, but it doesn't want to stay there.

Mike

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure you have the bottom hose on right, might be end for end weong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online