Sad News

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A clean crew cab will bring that easy(if its 4x4) and if its really clean even more.

And a Kia??? Not my first choice, or even my last, but to each his own....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Kia's rock. I was driving a 2000 sephia that just got totaled, had 230k miles on it. Around 70k miles it was ran out of oil, ad yet it was still on the same engine till it met it's death.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Kia's rock. I was driving a 2000 sephia that just got totaled, had 230k miles on it. Around 70k miles it was ran out of oil, ad yet it was still on the same engine till it met it's death.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KIA used to make the Ford Festiva. I owned 2 of them. Cost brand new as a strippie lost leader was 4997.00. Bought 1 new, drove the heck out of it! It was metalic red, we called it the ****-ant. A smog part went bad and the dealer wanted $600.00 for it!!!!!! Went to a pick-a-part, they were going to sell it to me for $30.00. When I got there, they had just driven it in two hours before my call. It was an impound. The guy asked if I wanted to test drive and buy the car.... I paid the guy within an hour. I had left a $100.00 deposit, got the receipt. When I came back he said he never should have agreed to the price he made! I took the car home and called my local charity to come pick up the broken car. They ended up giving me a $2500.00 donation receipt! Both cars were the same year and about 6 years old. I drove the new old car another three years before donating that one too.... only got a $500.00 tax credit for that one though. 9 years of driving 2 cars only cost me $3000.00. With the exception of the OUTRAGEOUS part 1/8th the cost of the entire car brand new...nothing else went wrong with either car. I was not nice to either car, drove em like they were Porche's...peppy as all get out.

I think the Koreans have done well with their brand. Styling is a little rough, but then again, way less money than most other brands new in class.

Sorry to see you sell the IDI, but no worries, it's like marrying off the daughter.... doesn't live at home but we're all still in the family.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My roomate when I was at UK worked at the Kia dealership in Lexington, KY. This was in the early 2000's, and maybe things have changed, but he was not impressed with them. The vast majority of his time was spent on warranty work and not talking about brake pads. Lots of transmission and engine issues. Again, that was a decade ago.

Heath

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose investment in an auto guide review would be worth the $20 bucks online for an assessment, not just a carfacts, before purchasing any car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online