S1600 Rebuild

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The holes may need cleaned. Use a 12 gauge shotgun bore brush. You could tighten them a hair to see if it helps.
Make sure the caps are seated all the way.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The further behind the eight ball you are, the more snow the snow gods will bless you with. More snow= more money.:D Stick with it and the snow gods surely will bless you.:angel: That engine will be broken in properly pushing a 2 foot snow storm.:sly

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am screwing with brakes on my yukon. So international is going to take a break untill after the storm. Plus it is already snowing and I do need to rest before I plow for 30 hours straight. Ben there done that.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milkshakes for everyone

Its been a while since I last post. Couple of snow storms kept me busy. I finally put my truck all back together, new set of return lines and new injectors put in. They are currently not leaking. Bled all the injectors lines and pump that all went well. Tightened them back up and fired her up. To my surprise it took about 2 minutes of cranking and she fired right up. Now here comes the problems. I noticed that my oil pressure is gauge is tacked out to max. Hmmm... So I check oil and.... MILKSHAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: -cuss :shoot: :fight: :idiot: :smash: -Flame Thr :frustrate :cry: Where do is start? If this truck sits in my garage much longer I am going to light it on fire an collect the insurance money. (Remind me to edit this post if I do indeed light it on fire.) Right now I have a 6k milkshake maker.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You have oil cooler issues.the pressure releif valve is in the oil cooler bundle, need a new head for it. I went through this. Also, a broken o ring is most likely causing your milkshake. I made a test jig to make sure the cooler is good before it goes on the engine. Also, the high oil pressure can kill your push rodsreal fast. Good luck, keep us pposted.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I did try to Fix* up my old oil cooler. Also there was water that came out of the drain right before the milkshake. Should a new oil cooler core solve this?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I do not believe the psd oil cooler is a swap with our IDI. Disassemble yours and check the o rings. If they look good, the tube may be faulty. Chances are, an o ring was compromised upon assembly. The pressure releif valve is in the rear header. You may need to replace this as I am not sure if it is servicable.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get a picture of what the pressure relief looks like. I will pull oil cooler tomorrow after class.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drained out all my oil / water got about 2 or 3 gallons of straight coolant. Then I pressurized the coolant system and got water to squirt out of my oil pan pretty fast. After I drained my coolant and did not se any oil. So I am leaning towards there being a head crack or gasket problem. What do you guys think? I had a class today so I did not have time to pull my cooler yet. I do have access to another cooler at a local junk yard. Just to rule it out but I am runnin low on coin.