Rusty sending line from tank to selector.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty sending line from tank to selector. The two lines coming from the rear tank that go to the selector are really rusty and fuel is bleeding through, Where do they sell replacements? Can I just use large brake line or rubber fuel line?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I just kept the quick connections right off the tank and the selector and installed a 3/8 rubber line with an inline filter. wix 33003 is the number i think. You dont even need the quick connections if you want to just use hose clamps. (my 85 and my 94 both had plastic tank lines)

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Fuel Line

I recently Priced new Fuel components for my truck, so I know that hard line from front to rear is no more that $20.00 buck (atleast here in Oregon). I prefer hard line over rubber, just a preference. I know that doesn't Answer your question, but More to the point, You can use whatever works. Rubber OR hard line. I do know that the 6 port selector valve is expensive. Why its $85.00 is beyond me. Anyway, hope your fix is painless and easy.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was metal because the vacuum would cause rubber to collapse?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you in New York? If you are near Buffalo call KD Supply, they are hose ninjas. If your not close to there, go to www.parkerstore.com and put in your zip code.

Use the right hose with the barrier, it will last far longer and never permeate like the old junk (even if you choose to run biodiesel).

Good luck.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have any more structure than a normal AZ fuel hose? I am not running bio and I probably won't, I just do want the hose to collapse under vacuum pressure.

Is that a possibility? Anyone know how much vacuum is pulling there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin