Running Bio-Diesel.

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there's a couple of places close to me that sale B20 Bio-Diesel. Can I just fill up with with B20, and have no problems? I heard carrying an extra fuel filter would be good? It would be with the truck in my sig.

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
They only need for a filter is the bio is more of a solvent it will clean the crud found in the tank IP and other places. So if you have to change the filter a little early that is a good thing

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, Biodiesel will clean your tanks, but from what I understand, B20 shouldn't release too much stuff. but yea, maybe change your filter early just in case.

Max Power

Reaction score
We don't see much Bio around here. How does it compare in price? I would thing that with the high price of #2 that B20 should be very close?

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run biodiesel from 100% down to as little as 5% with no problems. You will have to keep an eye on your rubber fuel lines as biodiesel will soften those hoses.

It's a simple fix and cheap to do. Some goto a viton compound hose to solve the problem once and for all.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Bio will soften Natural rubber lines.Pretty much though,Ford hasn't used natural rubber fuel lines in a LONG time and aftermarket return line kits are safe too.Unless someone went really cheap and bought natural rubber lines then you are safe!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
spencnaz said:
I run biodiesel from 100% down to as little as 5% with no problems. You will have to keep an eye on your rubber fuel lines as biodiesel will soften those hoses.

It's a simple fix and cheap to do. Some goto a viton compound hose to solve the problem once and for all.

when i get my truck back running it will be on B100!!

spenc glad to see you over here!!

rip van sparky

Reaction score
BP is selling bio here for the same price as #2. They also sell offroad bio (undyed :Sly ) for 2.50 a gallon. I'm burning 60 gallons of #2 a week so as soon as I change out my fuel lines I am going to start running B100. I am going to have them fill up a bulk tank at my house. BP bought the old Olestra margerine sp? plant in Cincinnati and converted it to a bio plant. It is very refined now, used to be kind of yellow but now is as clear as water. I think that this is great for our farmers and for our environment and for our trucks and if it keeps a few more dollars in America instead of going to the middle east it really seems like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now where do I get that hose?

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to be here h20drx, sometimes DieselStop can get a little too political for my tastes despite their 'tight' controls on such posts.

Offroad bio? You mean it's not taxed is that what you're saying? The only fuel lines you will have to change are the rubber parts by the fuel water separator, the fuel pump and the return lines from the fuel filter and the return lines on the injectors. At least it's that way with my 6.9.

Right now I'm trying to track down a very annoying exhaust leak in the engine compartment. I have it locked down to a general area, but am going to take it to a muffler shop here this week.