Road Draft Tube Question

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Banks makes an adapter to go between the IP cover or the oil fill tube, whichever you have. The newer engines have the oil fill tube as part of the IP timing gear cover, whereas the older ones have the oil fill tube bolted on the front.

The part number I have on my Banks Turbo manual is 94042 and I believe they can be had for around $20 plus shipping.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Banks makes an adapter to go between the IP cover or the oil fill tube, whichever you have. The newer engines have the oil fill tube as part of the IP timing gear cover, whereas the older ones have the oil fill tube bolted on the front.

The part number I have on my Banks Turbo manual is 94042 and I believe they can be had for around $20 plus shipping.

the scout has the bolted on tube, the 250 has the one piece fill tube. got a pic of the banks adaptor? how does the oil not backup and dumpout?

-Jon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main problem with trying to do it on the valley pan, is that it does not provide for a rigid mounting. The banks adapter is very sturdy, and you can route your hose, yank it, kink it, bend it, do whatever, and not have to worry about breaking a seal loose, or bending anything. The thin metal in the turkey pan cannot afford such rigidity. You would have to contrive some kind of device that would be sort of an adapter, that would bolt to something solid.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I am going to do the adapter on thr front of the ip cover. I think it looks clean. My ? Is when i take the cdr off how am i to plug the valley pan off?? I can make a bracket the plug the intake no problem. Thx

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An expandable silicone rubber plug is the best option for plugging both the valley pan and the intake.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Why not run it into the DP, like drag racers do into their headers? I would think if you had it fairly close the the turbo it would burn off any residue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online